Climbing the wall of worry

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:35 AM

Market rises when it should be falling considering all the economic, political and geo-political factors.

Public (including professionals) are uncertain as to why the market is rising

Market valuations are high and yet the market keeps rising

Overbought market gets more overbought.

Divergences are ignored

Wars, Terrorist attacks, Bombings, Shootings, Bird flu et al leads to higher prices.

Negative earnings leads to higher prices

Negative economic reports leads to higher prices

Obscene bullish sentiment leads to higher prices

Seasonally crash months like october leads to higher prices

Hindenburg omen, 3 peaks and domed house, divergences, Black swan indicators, Single digit VIX, Puetz crash window, blah blah blah leads to higher prices.

Conflicting indicators/technical signal leads to higher prices 

Both loose and tight monetary policy leads to higher prices

Technicians fail to respect the trend and blame it on manipulation

Both positive and negative news events leads to higher prices.

That's how a bull market climbs the wall of worry. The day the general public and professionals stop worrying about the above mentioned stuff, you should be really worried.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:34 AM

in fact the only thing that is climbing is DOW, among main indexes. Rut, NDX and SPX are not. It is distribution on the high level so far..

Even my short from 2550 still holds.

"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein

#3 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:27 AM

in fact the only thing that is climbing is DOW, among main indexes. Rut, NDX and SPX are not. It is distribution on the high level so far..

What do you mean SPX is not climbing ?  We made a new ATH yesterday.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#4 Waver

Waver

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:42 AM

Alex - can you explain how you determine distribution?

Thanks in Advance.
Anthony

#5 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:04 AM

What do you mean SPX is not climbing ?  We made a new ATH yesterday.

but did not hold.

Edited by alexnewbee, 11 October 2017 - 07:04 AM.

#6 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:45 AM

Thanks in Advance.
Anthony

I would say the action of the last 4 trading days. Overnight push of futures, consequent selling in regular hours. rinse-repeat.

Edited by alexnewbee, 11 October 2017 - 07:45 AM.

#7 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:24 AM

Thanks in Advance.
Anthony

I would say the action of the last 4 trading days. Overnight push of futures, consequent selling in regular hours. rinse-repeat.

One would think that after all this time of forecasts and lost money that the use this specific narrative as way to define distribution would be thrown in the trash as being a miserable failure in the true understanding on how equity markets really "work".

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#8 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:29 AM

The reserve rate requirement (RRR) cut by the PBOC was pre-announced to occur in 3 months.  The market action is the same kind of front-running of liquidity that occurs when QE and rate cuts are pre-announced.   You see the same thing with announcements for oil.  It stretches out the buying and gets the public involved as opposed to just insiders.

Edited by Data, 11 October 2017 - 09:31 AM.

#9 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:56 AM

The reserve rate requirement (RRR) cut by the PBOC was pre-announced to occur in 3 months.  The market action is the same kind of front-running of liquidity that occurs when QE and rate cuts are pre-announced.   You see the same thing with announcements for oil.  It stretches out the buying and gets the public involved as opposed to just insiders.

i wonder how anyone was able to buy in march 09 and hang on for the full ride without that kind of information

#10 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:05 AM

Thanks in Advance.
Anthony

One would think that after all this time of forecasts and lost money that the use this specific narrative as way to define distribution would be thrown in the trash as being a miserable failure in the true understanding on how equity markets really "work".

Fib

ur absolutely correct    ....DD