• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:35 PM

From the link:

Said it before but bears repeating: when in doubt buy renewable energy…

Simple as that.

For the charts:

WHEN IN DOUBT BUY RENEWABLE ENERGY

The vibrancy of the stocks in the renewable energy sector is rather remarkable given that the Trumpsters evidently are about to shove $4 billion to $10 billion per year of taxpayer subsidies to the moribund coal industry.  I wonder will that make the American taxpayer the only stable buyer the coal companies have? 

THE TAXPAYER BAILOUT FOR COAL

What was it the government lost on its loan to Solyndra, $537 million?  That generated a lot of screaming and squealing against the Obama administration for a loan that failed. A loan.  How much screaming will we hear for these direct giveaways to coal eight to twenty times the level of that loan?  Every year? 

I'm betting next to none.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:14 PM

From the link:

Said it before but bears repeating: when in doubt buy renewable energy…

Simple as that.

For the charts:

WHEN IN DOUBT BUY RENEWABLE ENERGY

The vibrancy of the stocks in the renewable energy sector is rather remarkable given that the Trumpsters evidently are about to shove $4 billion to $10 billion per year of taxpayer subsidies to the moribund coal industry.  I wonder will that make the American taxpayer the only stable buyer the coal companies have? 

THE TAXPAYER BAILOUT FOR COAL

What was it the government lost on its loan to Solyndra, $537 million?  That generated a lot of screaming and squealing against the Obama administration for a loan that failed. A loan.  How much screaming will we hear for these direct giveaways to coal eight to twenty times the level of that loan?  Every year? 

I'm betting next to none.

the coming world wide inflationary economic boom of uparraleled proportions will increase the demand for all kinds of energy sources

#3 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:00 PM

still think we should use coal eventually as long as we use the methods to clean the exhaust - very effective.

best,
klh

#4 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:29 AM

It's the "Coal mindset". A vast majority of people are still living in the early 19th century, reminiscing about the steam engines  and coal mining. When you have a big majority who are not able to assimilate into the new waves of technology, that becomes a majority which can be capitalized politically. This is a majority who cannot be re-skilled easily into Big data, Cloud computing, High performance computing, IOT, Machine learning, Artificial intelligence, Nanotechnology, Quantum computing, Theoretical physics, Math et al. This is the majority who do not understand that globalization is a product/consequence of technology. For most, the conspiratorial crap like deep state cabal,  global elites a.k.a Rothschild, Bilderbergs, Global evil corporations has more of an appeal, than the reality that the internet has now connected the world and there is little escaping from it.

Yes, you can keep getting your hands dirty with coal, while the rest of the world speeds ahead with futures waves of technological advancement. Isn't this how the tables eventually gets turned. The current third world countries are taking a leap in AI and Quantum computing, while the majority of America (Silicon valley excluded) re-lives it's romantic past with coal. Trump thought solving the globalization problem was as easy as imposing immigration boundaries and imposing 30% tariff on Chinese goods. You can block the immigration, but how do you block the outsourcing ? You can even block the outsourcing, but then the corporations would move their operations outside the U.S. You can block Chinese goods with Tariff, but how do you block the Chinese domestic consumers from buying from China which is major consumer force now. How do you block China from selling to rest of Asia, Africa, Middle east, South America. America is not the only consumerist nation on the planet now. Every third world nation is now consumerist. I was in Milan recently and the majority of shoppers on Monte Napoleone were Chinese !  You either re-skill yourself to the present reality or become obsolete.

Edited by NAV, 11 December 2017 - 01:39 AM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV