SUDDEN DEATH - The China Bubble

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:01 AM

as for bubble?    7 years ago   this was all sooooooopredictable   http://www.siliconin...&srchtxt=bubble

Same question to you. Did you sell in 2007 ? If so, where did you sell and why ?

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#12 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:21 AM

as for bubble?    7 years ago   this was all sooooooopredictable   http://www.siliconin...&srchtxt=bubble

Same question to you. Did you sell in 2007 ? If so, where did you sell and why ?

one last time   ....this is one of many trades in 07  http://www.siliconin...?msgid=24034704

#13 ...

• Traders-Talk User
  • 510 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:33 PM

Did you sell in 2007 ? If so where did you sell and why ? Or did you ride the 50% correction ?

If you are the type who can sit thru the 20-30% corrections then yes, there is no need to sell

-----------------------------

Can't say as I like the new quotation system (of previous posts) around here. It's cumbersome.

I sold some overpriced uranium stocks in '07/'08. The rest -- the high dividend-payers, I rode down and all the way back up to new highs.

And you're right, I ride 20-30% corrections in individual stocks all the time. Doesn't bother me a bit. I'm busy writing puts and calls and collecting dividends.

It's what I do. Speaking generally, I own a lot of stuff that I paid $10 for that's worth $100. If it sells off to $70 or $80, do I care? No. I write more puts. I'm happy to own more at lower levels and collect dividends in the meantime. Hopefully, I wrote some calls along the way, too. Usually, I do.

My equity is at all-time highs, but not every stock I own is. Far from it. Many have reacted and aren't yet back to their highs. Some may never get back there. That's the business we're in, we take risks, sometimes they pay off sometimes they don't.

So, yeah, I have no need to sell anything. I do sometimes sell stuff because I no longer like their outlook or more particularly don't like the way the chart looks, but that's rare.

Usually more a matter of replacing something with something that looks even better in the long-run, measured in years.

The only trading I do is an occasional bunch of S&P500 futures contracts, either as pure spec or as a direct hedge of long-term stock positions.

#14 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:47 PM

the economist- Markets in 2018: The China syndrome
Investors are optimistic about markets in 2018. Most believe that equities will be worth more by the end of the year, that shares will outperform bonds and that a global recession is unlikely. But some analysts think that investors are too optimistic, as they may be caught out by a slowdown in China and rising interest rates in America. In the longer term, illiquid assets may become a problem, writes our financial-markets columnist

best,
klh

#15 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:02 PM

Did you sell in 2007 ? If so where did you sell and why ? Or did you ride the 50% correction ?

If you are the type who can sit thru the 20-30% corrections then yes, there is no need to sell

-----------------------------

Can't say as I like the new quotation system (of previous posts) around here. It's cumbersome.

I sold some overpriced uranium stocks in '07/'08. The rest -- the high dividend-payers, I rode down and all the way back up to new highs.

And you're right, I ride 20-30% corrections in individual stocks all the time. Doesn't bother me a bit. I'm busy writing puts and calls and collecting dividends.

It's what I do. Speaking generally, I own a lot of stuff that I paid $10 for that's worth $100. If it sells off to $70 or $80, do I care? No. I write more puts. I'm happy to own more at lower levels and collect dividends in the meantime. Hopefully, I wrote some calls along the way, too. Usually, I do.

My equity is at all-time highs, but not every stock I own is. Far from it. Many have reacted and aren't yet back to their highs. Some may never get back there. That's the business we're in, we take risks, sometimes they pay off sometimes they don't.

So, yeah, I have no need to sell anything. I do sometimes sell stuff because I no longer like their outlook or more particularly don't like the way the chart looks, but that's rare.

Usually more a matter of replacing something with something that looks even better in the long-run, measured in years.

The only trading I do is an occasional bunch of S&P500 futures contracts, either as pure spec or as a direct hedge of long-term stock positions.

If you rode the entire 2007 bear market without selling your portfolio, then more power to you !

Edited by NAV, 18 December 2017 - 09:03 PM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV