• Please log in to reply
1565 replies to this topic

#131 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:46 AM

nice work jabat thanks for your efforts

looks to me like we corrected and tested support at 1308! not sure its done we may have to test 1300  which is not that surprising.  

india imported 855 official tons in 2017 , which doesnt include black market imports.  that is a good #  https://www.reuters.com/article/india-gold-imports/india-gold-imports-surge-67-pct-in-2017-on-restocking-retail-demand-gfms-idUSL4N1OX1PQ 1.3 billion indians have your back.   this move is still very early  i see this topping out in may.  i believe the mining sector is the most undervalued sector on the planet.  when money velocity finally turns up, after 20+ yrs of going down it will be game on in the sector.  i am committed to the junior space. as i believe the majors need to rebuild inventories. during 13-16 they have been running their highest grades. getting lean , cutting expenses.  takeovers are the fastest way for them to do that, and it is the least expensive way.  after perusing charts this am , (i dont own this one) but i was struck by mcewens mux chart  , quite the painted picture. this is not investment advice, as i said i dont own this one.  

well the kick the can debt ceiling is almost up, will they kick again?  what will powell do ? his inauguration comes up in a month.  finally we are in an exciting time frame for gold  lets see how these next months play out.  put 1400 in the rear view mirror and i believe a feeding frenzy begins in the junior space, which is way undervalued.

dharma

#132 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:28 AM

just saw this https://www.streetwisereports.com/article/2018/01/02/a-silver-stock-rated-a-strong-buy.html  i talked about this one awhile back!glad to see others jumping on board

dharma

well prohibition is back http://edition.cnn.c...memo/index.html

Edited by dharma, 04 January 2018 - 11:31 AM.

#133 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 605 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:25 PM

us-dollar-gold-ratio-price-chart_bullish

#134 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:04 PM

in this window 5-8 i am looking for  the start of a correction which will present another buying opportunity. i dont think it is deep or long in time  but brings those oscillators down from nose bleed levels

the miners have been in a 20 yr bear market vs gold. the valuations are in the gutter. the blood is running in the streets.   this is a buy low opportunity. buying quality miners w/good experienced management is the name of the game.   

dharma

read this stat this am

“Since 1945, there have been 27 years when the S&P has achieved gains in January and February. The stock index then finished up for the year (on a total-return basis) in every one those years, according to Sam Stovall. That’s going 27 for 27, or batting a thousand. The average rise in those years was 24% …and the gauge was up further in the remaining 10 months 25 of 27 times.” 

#135 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:51 AM

fridays cots saw the commercials add 40k shorts. , and w/oscillators at overbought levels the weight of the commercials will produce a correction . the gold market is spinning its wheels at 1320 .  i also found it interesting that the commercials did not sell any longs.  perhaps a rt shoulder forms on gdx. we will see.  

dharma

#136 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:13 PM

board died

i have been following nak , for quite some time.  i dont know if this gets permitted or not  however, over the last month or so, 1st quantum anted up 1.5 billion. for a stake in nak,  i have been trying to buy @ the 200 dma . but when this article came out  this am.  https://seekingalpha.com/article/4135886-northern-dynasty-derisked-worth-7_50-share it got me to reconsider and take a stake. i do think that when the gold bull gets legs, nak will be speculated in . this is not investment advice. its your money, be sure you take responsibility for your decisions

dharma

#137 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,956 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:21 AM

board died

i have been following nak , for quite some time.  i dont know if this gets permitted or not  however, over the last month or so, 1st quantum anted up 1.5 billion. for a stake in nak,  i have been trying to buy @ the 200 dma . but when this article came out  this am.  https://seekingalpha.com/article/4135886-northern-dynasty-derisked-worth-7_50-share it got me to reconsider and take a stake. i do think that when the gold bull gets legs, nak will be speculated in . this is not investment advice. its your money, be sure you take responsibility for your decisions

dharma

no reason to over analyze/overpost IMO at this time, when I start doing that I make dumb moves and this is "hold time", at least for me. Looks like we are consolidating the strong move higher and are about done (c of abc down) with maybe a bit of weakness this morning. That's how I see it at least, I am always looking at the "other side" but so far things look higher to me int term.

Senor

#138 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:48 AM

chinese new year buying seems to be in a lull.  and indian dealers have shied away after an 80 pt rally. oscillators for gold are way overbought and the commercials added 40k short positions. a correction was needed, and a correction is now happening. there is stronger support at 1300  and below that there is good support @1293, and 1277  this correction will lead to a larger rally w/a high in february. which will lead to a larger rally still w/a high in april/may

modi is running for reelection. he will have to spend a good deal of money.to get reelected.   indian elections are in 2019  

powell gets sworn in on feb 4, he is talking about deregulating the thousands of small banks.  which would be bullish for the miners creating an upswing in money velocity

i am in the bullish camp awaiting the end of the 2yr tr , w/a move above 1400

dharma

Edited by dharma, 09 January 2018 - 10:49 AM.

#139 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:01 PM

11 consecutive up days in gold confirms strong demand. i forgot to mention the 1308-09 range is also support which was tested again today  i believe this correction will shake out weak hands , and gold will be ready to roll higher very soon, this action has brought the oscillators down from overbought.  for my view this action is very constructive. i remain quite bullish

dharma

#140 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:17 PM

Juniors do or die time

Edited by dougie, 10 January 2018 - 03:26 PM.