Forget all that crap about the decline was "technical" or because of the Short Volatility trade that blew up
Major reasons were rising bond yields, alarming leverage with risky margin levels, threat of inflation, and imbecilic Trump plan to add trillions in debt to stimulate an economy that is operating on full cylinders (or at least 90%).
Minor reasons are political, budget deadlock with no signs of any agreement, possible trade war, and childish & clueless international diplomacy, and the other madman - N Korea's Kim.
- Carl Icahn says there are too many derivatives.
- He said he does believe the market will bounce back, but market is over-leveraged.
- He was critical of triple leveraged ETFS that are similar to 1929; Icahn is supportive of regulation of certain types of leveraged products.
- He says one day market will implode because of too much leverage, but this is 'not an explosive time'
- Says market is trying to tell you something; says market has become a much more dangerous place (in context of unregulated products).
- Carl Icahn says he would not touch Bitcoin (BTC); says bitcoin is 'ridiculous'.
Edited by dTraderB, 06 February 2018 - 01:22 PM.