20 replies to this topic

#11 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:05 PM

Too Much Love for QQQ

June 08, 2018

The FANG stocks have been leading the market higher in 2018, and a lot of traders are choosing to tag along on that trade by buying into QQQ, the ETF which tracks the Nasdaq 100 Index (NDX).  As more traders buy into QQQ, the sponsoring firm (Powershares, part of Invesco) issues more shares in order to keep the share price as close as possible to the net asset value.

This week’s chart shows how the number of QQQ shares outstanding varies over time.  Not surprisingly, it goes up and down in sympathy with price movements.  There is nothing like an uptrend to get traders wanting to buy.  By the same token, there is nothing like a selloff to get them to want to bail out. 

https://www.mcoscill...h_love_for_qqq/

http://stockcharts.c...r=1528654488283

Edited by robo, 10 June 2018 - 01:15 PM.

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#12 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:16 PM

QQQ chart for link above.

Edited by robo, 10 June 2018 - 01:17 PM.

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#13 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,429 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:05 AM

Fraudcoin kahunas taking profits, again, was, rinse, dry, repeat.....fleecing the suckers,

From Phil's world:

Monday Market Mayhem – Now it’s the G6

By phil

Posted: June 11, 2018 - 8:34am

Thank goodness!

I thought I was losing my mind as the Futures were up this morning after Trump blew up the G7 meeting and refusted, for the first time ever, to join the rest of the Free World Leaders in signing the joint communique.  How can the markets be bullish when we are walking back the steps the nations agreed were necessary after WWII to prevent WWII?  Trump can double down tomorrow if he also blows the negotiations with Kim Jung Un and ticks the Doomsday Clock up to 11:59:30.

Speaking of Doomsday, the Fed is almost certain to raise rates 0.25% on Wednesday and that should kick the 10-year rates permanently over 3% for the duration.  So far, the markets have shrugged off every possible sign of rising rates, rising wages and rising inflation as stock prices have inflated to record levels but, for those of us who believe in Physics, Match, Economics…. Reality – a day of reckoning is coming – we just don't know when.

Crypto currencies are also having a doomsday as BitCoin falls below $7,000 as a South Korean Coin Excahange was hacked over the weekens.  See, this is why we have BANKS and Government-backed currencies – there's a massive system in place that insures against loss and theft of your US Dollars.  We put that in place after years of the exact kind of random losses, robberies and devaluations associated with old monetary systems.  Crypto currencies are sure making things great again – for bank robbers! 

IN PROGRESS

#14 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,579 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:07 AM

Interesting, I thought the market would be looking down about -20 points on the SP500 with the trade news yesterday, looks like were back to bad news is good news again!!  To bad the volatility was great and I thought we were seeing normal markets once again!  

#15 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:12 AM

Interesting, I thought the market would be looking down about -20 points on the SP500 with the trade news yesterday, looks like were back to bad news is good news again!!  To bad the volatility was great and I thought we were seeing normal markets once again!  

We need to wait and see what happens after the first hour of trading. 

Good trading.

#16 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,429 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:02 AM

Well, this is too exciting, action-packed, too much volatility this morning. 

You know what they say about a dull market: NEVER SHORT IT! 

I am tempted to sell VXX but my decades of experience tells me to just be patient and let the market show its hands and then trade accordingly. 

Good bounce today, this could spike up on any good news or news than can be spun as good. 

#17 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:23 AM

Well, this is too exciting, action-packed, too much volatility this morning. 

You know what they say about a dull market: NEVER SHORT IT! 

I am tempted to sell VXX but my decades of experience tells me to just be patient and let the market show its hands and then trade accordingly. 

Good bounce today, this could spike up on any good news or news than can be spun as good. 

Trading some TZA today.  Stops are at break-even now....  Long some GDXJ and ST trading some JNUG too.  Not a market to place any type of big bets. I'm staying very nimble, except for GDXJ which I continue to add shares during weakness.

Waiting on the pattern to complete....

http://stockcharts.c...718&a=599621064

Edited by robo, 11 June 2018 - 10:24 AM.

#18 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:30 AM

The retail call ratio is at an extreme again. We shall see how it plays out in the weeks ahead.  As we all know any extreme can get more extreme!

good trading

#19 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:48 AM

Way to boring for me, and it looks like the buy BOTS got this under control...  Stops are in and I'm headed out..... Like watching paint dry today!  I might try again later.... Looks like NO BEER money today as we be getting closer to my stops.

Good trading!

http://stockcharts.c...595&a=599970958

06/11/2018  09:31:19 Bought 500 TZA @ 8.8852

06/11/2018 10:05:41  Bought 500 TZA @ 8.8648

Edited by robo, 11 June 2018 - 10:49 AM.

#20 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,429 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:33 PM

100% short except one-minute ES day trades - long & short 

May buy VXX below 31