Photo

Running of the Bulls, Enjoy, it is the Last Hurrah!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:14 PM

If one is going to attempt to trade off NYAD, you can't trade SPY, you will have to short IWM since it IS the internals.

SPY will drop but not much..

#22 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:38 PM

If one is going to attempt to trade off NYAD, you can't trade SPY, you will have to short IWM since it IS the internals.

SPY will drop but not much..

We could start a move down into an ICL soon and the SPX will move down to 2700ish or lower. STBD...

So who be selling and who be buying - SPY and SCHX?  Those are very rare numbers to see during the trading day. I know because I check the numbers several times a day. Why? Because I track fund flows for a few reasons.

So what does it mean?  That would depend on whom you ask....

http://www.wsj.com/m...-moneyflow.html

I always input 30 day searches...

http://www.etf.com/e...fund-flows-tool

Possible guess - "At 21 weeks, stocks are in their timing band for a intermediate cycle decline." Likesmoney

Good trading.

I sold 1/2 of my UVXY @ $10.19....  It looks like I should have sold it all. Stop now at break even on the other 1/2....

Edited by robo, 10 July 2018 - 01:43 PM.

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#23 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:52 PM

http://theirrelevant...imple-momentum/

#24 Waver

Waver

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:14 PM

Robo
What is ICL?

Thanks.

#25 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:27 PM

Robo
What is ICL?

Thanks.

I mainly use Sentiment and Cycles to trade.  ICL = Intermediate Cycle Low  

Daily, Intermediate, Yearly Cycles

A cycle is a series of prices that have a definable peak surrounded by a low point on both ends. The three cycles that we discuss are the Daily, Intermediate (weekly) & Yearly Cycles

A series of daily cycles comprise an intermediate cycle. A series of intermediate cycles comprise a yearly cycle. Cycles are measured from cycle low to cycle low.

The Daily Cycle

The smallest cycle that we discuss is the daily cycle. The daily cycle averages about 20 – 25 days for the dollar, gold, the Miners, the CRB and bonds. The equities daily cycle runs about 30 – 45 days. Three to five daily cycles tend to comprise an intermediate cycle.

The Intermediate Cycle

The next smallest cycle we study is the intermediate cycle. The intermediate cycle is comprised of 2 – 5 daily cycles. Just like a daily cycle can be right or left translated, so can intermediate cycles. Daily cycles will print higher daily cycle highs and higher daily cycle lows until the intermediate cycle peak. As we mentioned above, a failed daily cycle signals the intermediate cycle decline.

The yearly cycle is the largest of the three cycles that we study. The yearly cycle is normally comprised of 2 – 4 intermediate cycles. Very rarely does a yearly cycle only contain one intermediate cycle.

Some examples can be seen here...

https://likesmoneycy...follow-through/

One I use to track GLD.   GLD Weekly - ICL tracking data.

Edited by robo, 10 July 2018 - 02:29 PM.

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#26 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:40 PM

I'm done for the day - The SPX 2801.90 marker be up next. Can the BOTS get there before the close?  The move up continues.....

#27 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:48 PM

Market snoozing because ....

World Cup Semi-final

#28 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:57 PM

Nice kickoff to earnings....lol.

#29 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:09 PM

pun intended

#30 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:29 AM

Choppy after early rally but this could be a brief consolidation before a larger up or down move. 

I see fraudcoin and its children are being taken to the cleaners, again. 

800 deadcoins so far. More carnage to come in this space.

This is the last chance for Bitcoin, inv. H&S setting up in here on the daily, if that fails and it breaks the lows I expect a drop to 3k or less.

I'm mostly in cash and waiting to see what will happen.