Two Bullish Indicators and a quick Hurst review

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Spectacular Bid

Spectacular Bid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 852 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:55 PM

The following 3 charts show a potential for a short term bullish outcome. No opinion beyond that. The 1st chart below the S&P is of the OEX put call with a 10 day moving average. You can see when it drops below .90 it tends to be an area of a low. It did this in early February, Early May and Now. In fairness it was there in January, but as you'll see the Tick chart was not in agreement.  The last chart is a 10 day moving average of the closing tick. When it drops below zero it tends to be near a low. It did so in Early February, Late March, Late June and now. Obviously this guarantee's nothing, but I found it interesting.

On the Hurst front, my last post gave a projection to 2884 and said to lighten up. We exceeded the projection by 32 points which is a lot before pulling back. During the pullback we got 2.5 week projections to 2860, which we got close to this week. There are currently no projections. We could get a projection higher with closes above the field at 2894 and declining the next few days, which would give projections to slight new highs, or a decline below the 5 week field of  2878 and rising would give 5 week projections to as low as 2840 if it happened today or somewhere around 2860 if tomorrow.

#2 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:33 PM

Downraded the semi's today and shorts couldn't capitalise, look at the qld chart and see how that rising 50 MA repels all shorts,

http://schrts.co/uE1evk

#3 dowdeva

dowdeva

• Traders-Talk User
  • 525 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:57 AM

SB,

I have a projection to 2920 st.

Sentient Trader has April 23 as last 40 week trough, do you agree? And what do you think of the February low vis-a-vis Hurst?

The January high and this high look like the classic double hump peaks in the Hurst trading course, and am puzzling my head as to which greater cycle is affecting 40 week.

Best regards.

#4 Spectacular Bid

Spectacular Bid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 852 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 07:51 AM

dowdeva          I didn't get the projection to 2920 yet but could get it today. Some weeks ago I was thinking early October for the 40 week low, but now I'm thinking December. Sentient trader is very good at phasing. I'll go with him at this point. 

McClellan put up a comparison chart of 1994 to 2018, both mid cycle election years with rising rates. It was quite compelling and I would give a general nod to it for now.