"Don't Panic!"

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 LMF

LMF

• Traders-Talk User
  • 801 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 06:24 PM

One of the best indicators is HYG......below the 200 day MA like it is now, there's almost no way you can trust this market on the upside.   

#12 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 05:37 AM

Armstrong blurb says down to 2025 and possibly 2035 nominally.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#13 LMF

LMF

• Traders-Talk User
  • 801 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 04:03 PM

TQQQ now has a huge left shoulder and the head formation.....the bulls may get a bounce to put in the right shoulder on the chart. That could play out thru the March 29 Brexit date, or when the Fed finally announces they're on hold with rate hikes.  Still holding above the February low so it can eventually move toward a continuation to the upside after March I think.  There's just too much crap still after the election.....the tariffs, and the Fed, and Brexit, semis looking like crap.  That's plenty for now....    

#14 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 04:40 AM

The standard deduction is already incorporated into everyones pay check.
Child tax credit isnt.

There are Way Less deductions available to the tax payers now so that the rich corporations can get more money. Btw they already had record profits and cash on hand.

These overall less deductions are going to hit home come tax time.

Incorrect, a lot people did not change there W4s to reflect the new tax cut for individuals....Morgan Stanley has a study stating that tax refunds for individuals will increase 26 percent year over year due to tax cut....

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#15 Waver

Waver

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 06:19 AM

MikeyG
Do you have a link to this study?

#16 Waver

Waver

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 06:48 AM

MikeyG
From what I can read, the IRS Tax Withholding Tables (which employers use to withhold tax from employees weekly pay checks) have included the increased Standard Deduction of $12K.

All other withholding allowances need to be explicit on the W4, as in the past prior to the new tax reform, such as the child tax credit of $2K.

And considering most tax deductions have been removed and/or capped (such as SALT), I dont see how tax payers refunds will be increased.

Can you explained how tax refunds will increase if tax payers weekly pay checks already incorporate the increased standard deduction and there are Less tax deductions to apply when it comes time to file a taxes?

Thanks.

#17 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 12:14 PM

Armstrong blurb says down to 2025 and possibly 2035 nominally.

The blurb was in reference to the global economy, not any specific index.

#18 Waver

Waver

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 01:05 PM

TSharp & AChartist
So Armstrong means the year 2025/2035?

#19 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 03:06 PM

Yes, the article was about a softening global economy.

#20 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 04:46 AM

MikeyG
From what I can read, the IRS Tax Withholding Tables (which employers use to withhold tax from employees weekly pay checks) have included the increased Standard Deduction of $12K.

All other withholding allowances need to be explicit on the W4, as in the past prior to the new tax reform, such as the child tax credit of $2K.

And considering most tax deductions have been removed and/or capped (such as SALT), I dont see how tax payers refunds will be increased.

Can you explained how tax refunds will increase if tax payers weekly pay checks already incorporate the increased standard deduction and there are Less tax deductions to apply when it comes time to file a taxes?

Thanks.

https://finance.yaho...-200145061.html

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world."