bottoming process continues

• Please log in to reply
911 replies to this topic

#221 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,949 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:42 PM

Huge wedgie here on PL....one more push over 800 might finally furn the tide upside....failure to do so could lead to another leg down....

Hopefully for bulls, it will be a gap and go upside after New Years

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#222 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 06:22 PM

I did not like to look of Fridays action, close looked weak in miners, unless we take off strongly upward Monday I think the scenario for some modest downside action for a bit is pretty decent, out of miners for now as profits taken this week, but that could change quickly

Senor

looks to me like a short term pull back is in order. seems we have a consensus here ,uh oh . based on resistance and fridays action , seems we stall here for a bit. then the bull resumes.  market still needs to prove itself above 1400 for starters 

dharma

Pullback coming or not I did but some GDXJ into todays pullback, bot a few laggards as well, may yet still see a larger pullback but this grind higher could just keep goin, DXY looks toast 

Happy NEW YEAR everyone!

NO BS

Senor

#223 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 09:36 AM

$gold weekly cycles up steady over time, a dip in next couple 2 up to 4 weeks then up well real well,

pretty good peak in about 7-8 weeks. A correction from 8-12 weeks but steady up overall.

I will probably do some long option for 8+ weeks out in the next dip, some at two weeks and another half in 3-4 weeks.

since I think stocks are up a couple weeks, gold might pause. This substantial gold peak in 7-8 weeks

could be the next stk mkt decline.

after the gold pullback from 8-12 weeks it should be more slow and steady up in the next period. 

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#224 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 12:24 PM

$gold weekly cycles up steady over time, a dip in next couple 2 up to 4 weeks then up well real well,

pretty good peak in about 7-8 weeks. A correction from 8-12 weeks but steady up overall.

I will probably do some long option for 8+ weeks out in the next dip, some at two weeks and another half in 3-4 weeks.

since I think stocks are up a couple weeks, gold might pause. This substantial gold peak in 7-8 weeks

could be the next stk mkt decline.

after the gold pullback from 8-12 weeks it should be more slow and steady up in the next period. 

Nice work, Agree we could get a modest gold pullback any time here, however given the position of the miner/gold ratios which remain not that far from multi-yr lows, so miners could dip nut I think its not going to be anything substantial, I will be accumulating on dips

Senpr

#225 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 06:37 PM

I did not like to look of Fridays action, close looked weak in miners, unless we take off strongly upward Monday I think the scenario for some modest downside action for a bit is pretty decent, out of miners for now as profits taken this week, but that could change quickly

Senor

looks to me like a short term pull back is in order. seems we have a consensus here ,uh oh . based on resistance and fridays action , seems we stall here for a bit. then the bull resumes.  market still needs to prove itself above 1400 for starters 

dharma

Pullback coming or not I did but some GDXJ into todays pullback, bot a few laggards as well, may yet still see a larger pullback but this grind higher could just keep goin, DXY looks toast 

Happy NEW YEAR everyone!

NO BS

Senor

Happy new year indeed. I think we're finally ready for a golden year!

#226 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:01 AM

This morning dollar is up and gold is up.  Gold showing it has some strength.

Peace
johngeorge

#227 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:50 PM

THE SECTOR remains firm . 120 rise off the bottom and we remain firm . none of the mining indexes have taken out their highs of 12/19 except for gdxj, the most speculative mining index i follow. 1300 looms overhead, i would think before we take that out there would be a pullback?!  anyway nothing is revealed unless and until the 1370s area of previous highs gets taken out . then the big base could serve for liftoff. i am long term bullish, i am not sold on the idea that 1160 was the bottom for liftoff. but it is looking more and more encouraging.  i do think no matter which case comes to the fore , 19 will be a good year for the pms. 

keep in mind while gold took out its 1980 high silver has not. i view the whole period from 80-forward as a deflationary period. silver thrives in inflation/stagflation which i have thought for a long time that we would be entering into. w/interest rates above 0 and at a more normal reflection of the economy i think we are in for a good bout of stagflation. commodities are at the gate and seemed poised to reflect that. 18 was the turn . 19 is where things start to express the reality. there is alot of debt out there. alot of monetary games have been dealt: 0rates, qe, qt, givng banks 670billion dollars etc.  i believe this year we see more concrete effects of these band aids. 

i dont know how prepared is prepared.  we are going to find out    

dharma

Edited by dharma, 02 January 2019 - 12:52 PM.

#228 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:56 PM

James Dines 2019 gold forecast promo by Nick Hodge - Outsider Club... James Dines - "Gold investing is so entirely out of favor by investors worldwide that mainstream Security Analysts don’t even venture an opinion on them, which contrarily is bullish.

They were too busy buying hi-tech giants, just before they declined.

We are not deterred by negative Mass Psychology because such pessimism starts to occur near the start of bull markets, according to the Dines Theory of Positive Negativism (DITPON).

We now await the next Breakout, hopefully to the Upside. For patient investors wishing to drink upstream from the herd, gold won’t double overnight, but there’s no bull market as profitable as a monster gold bull market, and Super Major Upwave III will have its day.

If stocks keep dropping enough to trigger serious investor selling, and Mass Contagion kicks in, a flight to the haven of gold should be one of its refuges. So far, there has been no Mass Fear sufficient to trigger that.

America’s federal budget deficit has grown to around $22 trillion, nearly everybody unimpressed, the classic pink elephant hidden in the basement.

Despite the efforts of a few politicians to balance the budget, it is surely too late; as no matter what anyone does, there is no way for America to earn enough to pay off that debt, which continues growing at an alarming rate of around $1.3 trillion a year. Therefore we expect something debt-related to occur, which we are not yet prepared to discuss.

The very function of linking paper money to gold is to force the balancing of budgets.

How?

A country that printed too much paper would lose gold until it ran out, and investors would dump their remaining paper into the trashcan where it would belong.

That’s partially why so many economists hate gold: it limits their ability to overprint the currency and then call it “growth,” which is a lie.

There is already a so-called “debt ceiling,” yet politicians just keep raising the limit every time! Without a link to gold, or anything else of value, such as barrels of oil for example, there is no keel, or ropes tied to a dock keeping boats from banging into each other, and currency crashes will be a natural result, to worsen in coming years. Especially if Mass Fear kicks in amidst national economic failures and there is a sudden rush out of paper money.

Most doubt a possible gold rise, figuring that in a deep recession general industrial output would go down, dragging metals production lower, for example as is now beginning in China.

But the metals affected are mainly industrial metals. Do not confuse them with monetary metals such as gold or silver, whose intrinsic values are stable, controlled by monetary rather than industrial factors.

Not everybody is aware that gold stocks spiraled historically skyward during the 1929 crash, believe the unbelievable or not! It’s the truth.

We saw charts of Homestake, Dome Mining, and others that were roaring vertically during the stock market crash.

As described in our Technical Analysis book, we stumbled on it in old newspapers when we became “The Original Goldbug.”

We remember digging through dusty newspapers in library stacks; a discovery that led to our conclusion that gold would be the ultimate haven during what we call “The Coming Second Great Depression.”   We believe gold’s first cycle of Wave III began after 2008’s plunge, and we hope we are mistaken because it would imply a depression somewhere ahead.

We have faithfully recorded gold’s Mass Psychology going back decades — it took us that long just to figure out how to detect its subtle traces — and have concluded it’s now descending to the area where gold and silver bull markets have begun in the past.

This is straight Mass Psychology — there is no other such Technical Indicator of which we know that could anticipate the early stages of bull markets, instead of waiting for actual Upside Breakouts.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#229 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:19 PM

Bob Hoye interview Part 2 January 2, 2019  he calls for a new bull market in gold stocks.

Peace
johngeorge

#230 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 606 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:35 AM

Happy New Year to ALL

gold-testing-8-year-breakout-level-jan-3