bottoming process continues

• Please log in to reply
911 replies to this topic

#201 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 02:47 PM

will try to piece it together from the most recent 32%,26%,cant find the data past that

dharma

close enough!  if 5 day bullish sentiment is somewhere near 30% and modestly lower for silver than that is IMO a XMAS present for

gold/silver bulls and makes me rather excited. If we get any sideways to lower action this week and am going to add considerably to my 20% miner longs. BS on being bearish here, tax selling ending and IMO its time to get and stay long for at least a very good trade - especially in miners, we see

#202 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,041 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 09:54 AM

Well, the relative strength of the miners, in the face of what can only described as Stockmageddon, is pretty impressive...

Just need to take out the top of those bearish engulfings the other day to release the animal spirits for 2019....NEM & AEM knocking on that door already....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#203 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 11:08 AM

until the bearish engulfing patterns are taken out they hold sway, on the day of the high volume was quite large, we could have finished a 5 up on that day. 

on that note here are 2 counts from the captain:

1- here is the weekly gold chart https://captainewave.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/ewdec2318gold.png what strikes me is the rectangle pattern at the lows, rectangles occur at tops and bottoms when they are significant, according to edwars and magee. the pattern , on the breakout of the pattern indicates a bottom in this case  the captain is quite bullish looking for over 1400 

2- the dollar-https://captainewave...wdec2318usd.pngduring republican presidencies  the dollar gets lowered  , trump has yet to use that tactic. what strikes me on this chart is the lower high , just made  . and the possible h&s top pattern(i have yet to check the volume to see if it conforms to the pattern)  

the 3 labeling is my preferred count, but we will not for sure for some time. unless of course the market makes new highs or takes out a # that indicates that.  but for now that is how i view this.  there are more views on cycles which also suggest this is the case. we shall see

happy holidays to all. its a beautiful time of year.  

dharma

ps just imagine all those folks who planned to take the family to dc to see the wonderful museums and heritage of this great country. it is all closed due to the incompetence of government .  government is the cause of the problems not the solution!    enough

#204 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 12:47 PM

senor to your point on this http://www.321gold.com/editorials/moriarty/moriarty122418.html it seems quite a few commodities have extreme dsi readings

dharma

#205 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 11:30 AM

Merry Christmas to one and all.

Blessings,

Smithy

#206 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 12:59 PM

Merry Christmas to one and all.

Blessings,

Smithy

Same to you. 

#207 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,041 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 09:27 AM

HO HO HO....looks like Santa left a nice little gift for Silver...above $15 we go......

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#208 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 11:52 AM

herbert hoover was president for the great depression. a republican , a businessm1an w/many similarities to trump.  is this a garden variety correction , or is it something more? w/a gdp/debt ratio of 106% its going to be problematic no matter which it is! by the way this is the worst december since 1931 !

the pm sector today looks very encouraging. hui made new highs off the lows taking out its bearish engulfing while gdx has not, NEITHER  has xau.  silver made new highs for the move , putting its base in the rear view mirror. gold also made new highs for the move.  w/the sentiment(see post above )for most commodities scraping the bottom, the pm sector looks bright. now keep in mind this is a very small cap sector, so a rush for the door will necessitate much higher prices.  the variance of opinions here among the ellioteers shows the confusion of a bottoming process. its not till lets say 1400 is in the rear view mirror till the weight of evidence for higher prices will be seen among market participants. its a process.whenever gold makes new highs the public will enter the fray in a major way.  there will be an influx of newbies.  maybe we can build a wall! 

i love this time of year. peace on earth. peace to all this holiday season. be thankful for all you got . 

dharma 

Edited by dharma, 26 December 2018 - 11:55 AM.

#209 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 03:13 PM

that should read 106% debt to gdp ratio

minuchin called the 6 largest banks to see if they had enough liquidity to still lend money qt and raising rates are having an effect. gold may stay range bound until the fed blinks.  the volatility is  typical of bear market action

volume is light today on gdx.     

dharma

rickards 

#210 crossd

crossd

• Traders-Talk User
  • 322 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 08:17 AM

Gold  4 year election cycle...2019  3rd year...

bottom Jan or Mar..then up up and away..

http://www.seasonalc...reelection.html

donc