bottoming process continues

• Please log in to reply
911 replies to this topic

#21 denmo83

denmo83

• Traders-Talk User
  • 300 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 11:03 PM

the g20 shrimp fest is beginning.place your bets does trump come home w/a deal . or do consumers pay more in tariffs for what they purchase.

the pm sector is dead in the water.  i remember in 16 the miners had a 25% up day, and that was wave 1 . i have no idea when the market gets going. but i do see some aspects of the sector have bottomed. when the light goes on , its a small cap sector it will rip. until then its purgatory.  better to wait at this point

just my 2c or if you see the light  illuminate us

dharma

better miners doin OK as AEM and NEM are p a bit, KL my favorite and largest position  making new highs since mid NOV and the ******** ones getting tax sold as usual either making new lows like AG today or hanging above recent new lows - that "bottoming process"

Senor

senorBS.  In no particular order, I'm  looking at ABX, NEM, AEM, AU, BVN, KGC, KL, PAAS, EXK, HL and SVM. What all do you like?  Thanks!

#22 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,956 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 11:10 AM

the g20 shrimp fest is beginning.place your bets does trump come home w/a deal . or do consumers pay more in tariffs for what they purchase.

the pm sector is dead in the water.  i remember in 16 the miners had a 25% up day, and that was wave 1 . i have no idea when the market gets going. but i do see some aspects of the sector have bottomed. when the light goes on , its a small cap sector it will rip. until then its purgatory.  better to wait at this point

dharma

better miners doin OK as AEM and NEM are p a bit, KL my favorite and largest position  making new highs since mid NOV and the ******** ones getting tax sold as usual either making new lows like AG today or hanging above recent new lows - that "bottoming process"

Senor

senorBS.  In no particular order, I'm  looking at ABX, NEM, AEM, AU, BVN, KGC, KL, PAAS, EXK, HL and SVM. What all do you like?  Thanks!

KL is by far my favorite, they are well managed and growing with low costs and increasing production in great locations (Aus and Canada). Yesterday morning they released an update on increasing production in qtr 4. Little debt, lots of cash and nice earnings. For me I am and have been avoiding the more questionable stocks and sticking to quality (AEM-NEM), especially at tax selling time, once a bottom is confirmed I think one can start looking at the others. My favorite riskier play is Wesdome (WDOFF), and for now I am using the ETF's besides KL/AEM/NEM, my opinion and as always DYODD

Senor

#23 denmo83

denmo83

• Traders-Talk User
  • 300 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 12:16 PM

dharma

Senor

KL is by far my favorite, they are well managed and growing with low costs and increasing production in great locations (Aus and Canada). Yesterday morning they released an update on increasing production in qtr 4. Little debt, lots of cash and nice earnings. For me I am and have been avoiding the more questionable stocks and sticking to quality (AEM-NEM), especially at tax selling time, once a bottom is confirmed I think one can start looking at the others. My favorite riskier play is Wesdome (WDOFF), and for now I am using the ETF's besides KL/AEM/NEM, my opinion and as always DYODD

Senor

Thank you my cyber friend. May your future be filled with good health and successful trades.

#24 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,956 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 09:46 AM

dharma

Senor

Senor

BTW the Oct highs near 22.30 area have been my initial target for a while and this morning we are almost there, daily chart does look like a potential iii of 3 and sustained above 22.30-22.35 IMO then targets the high for yr (Aug) and all time high at 23.86

Senor

#25 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,956 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 10:14 AM

had the obligatory short term selloff attempt and "so far" action looks bullish to me IMO as prices came right back, if this is really a near term wave 3 then gold should keep tallying toward 1243

Senor

#26 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 11:10 AM

dharma

Senor

Senor

Agreed! Wesdome could be a monster. It is my best performing gold stock by far.

#27 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 11:47 AM

kl is pretty much everyones best performer.  

want to see continuation of the trend by taking out 1245   time is not a factor here in no hurry.  coming up on chinese new year buying season.  the trump /xi standoff is in arbitration. i sure hope these folks come to their senses no one has ever won a trade war, and trade wars historically have led to shooting wars. 

anyway the market has to make a transition from risk on to risk off. in doing so, gold will shine.  the markets in general are in a transition period . this cycle has encompassed 8 yrs , 2 normal cycles so qe and easy money have changed things. 

inflation/stagflation will be a factor in 19 , and that is when fund managers will have to own miners. they start w/the big boys and then the dogs and cats come later

the journey , has a good chance of beginning now.  we shall see

dharma

senor i appreciate your input . and everyone elses as well 

ps everyone saw that open interest in the gold market collapsed.  the cots also reflected this 

major washout

Edited by dharma, 03 December 2018 - 11:56 AM.

#28 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 03:03 PM

Yes, the OI is at its lowest level in a while. Money flowing out of gold and into stocks at a guess.

#29 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 03:16 PM

Yes, the OI is at its lowest level in a while. Money flowing out of gold and into stocks at a guess.

keep in mind this article is from kwn, it seems everything is bullish to those guys.  however, this really is a bullish factor. folks have given up on the sector which is indicative of bottoms.its a rare occurrence in any market. look at the cots. http://news.goldseek.../1543609596.phpcommercials and specs alike closed positions.  giving up on the sector is a good sign. now for kwn https://kingworldnews.com/legend-pierre-lassonde-responds-to-yesterdays-kwn-article/

i expect we see in 19 stagflation/inflation.  and w/the china deal or cease fire. the chinese are the largest importers of soybeans. that was on hold w/the trade folly.  farmers suffered having to store goods.  

dharma

#30 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 03:49 PM

Aussies acted as middlemen, bt from US and sold to China... Farmers got to sell, and the Chinese got to eat their badly needed beans etc. Cost both sides a little more.