Uranium stuff

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 12:20 AM

Geez, Hiker, I am sorry for your experience. It's too bad that some people have the emotional need to do that kind of stuff. Agreed on Cameco -- this is one strong dude overall. Last I saw, U3 O8 was $41.00 -- and that is one strong uptgrend. For CCJ, February and the time in March to the low look like a solid, completed correction to me, and anything under $33 has been a gift. You know there's gonna be some selling in that $39 - $41 zone, but I'm hard pressed to think the bull is gone. UEX is pretty darn boring and disappointing of late. Best, Doug

#12 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 12:42 AM

Posted Image

Here's another one I have been accumulating. Every couple months there's usually a good buy. FRG has not been the most energetic uranium stock this year, but today it showed something. :: pounding table :: There is a bull market here, people!

Posted Image

EMC is due for a pause. I bet we get 3 or 4 weeks of relative weakness. I'm buying at $5 and keeping an eye on the indicators for other purchases.

Best,

Doug

#13 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 11:44 AM

Doug - I so appreciate the consistent nature of your work...anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts on a variety of sectors, etc. Learn much from you....bought some UEX today. - Steve

#14 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 02:57 AM

Heck, Steve, I'm not all that consistent. I get busy with work, and like my videogames and my big dinners with family and co-workers. Days and even weeks go by when I don't look at charts, and I know some people really are "consistent" there. And for many profitable positions I owe a lot to FF.

And you know, this ain't really consistency, this is fun! (For buyers, good bull markets make it fun. And we know how markets can make it not so fun, too.)

http://www.traders-t...ic=44857&hl=PDN

I quote from Jabba, who started that thread.

The Biggest Player is CCJ -Cameco

Here are three little name...

LAM.V -Laramide Resources
MGA.V -Mega Uranium
PDN.TO -Paladin Resources

Still waiting for Laramide (Triangle City) to make its move, but had one bought those four that very day, Nov. 15, Cameco, Mega, and Paladin have had big moves. CCJ up over 50%. PDN almost tripled. Mega has tripled.

Posted Image

Paladin was making a very common triangle or horizontal consolidation. No reason to call off the bull market yet. In December, a double bottom was on the chart. The MACD histogram was ticking upward, and was diverging higher than at the bottom in October, as was the MACD which also crossed over bullishly by the blue Dollar sign.

Chaikin Money Flow went to the green in Mid-December. Accumulation/Distribution started going up and there was a bullish crossover there as well. These are just the default Stockcharts settings, and I like to play with them and look at other indicators too, but the above is what lots of people are looking at, and for trend-following I like this setup.

Laramide might be leaving the launch pad, here....

Posted Image

I canna hold her, Captain, she might blow!

Love this stuff, I does.

Best,

Doug

#15 jmicou

jmicou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:39 AM

hiker and porkloin, FRG and UEX.TO moved in opposite directions yesterday approximately about the same %s. What are your opinions today of these two? regards, jmicou

#16 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:56 AM

:) My take in short terms, FRG is overbought & UEX is oversold. That said I think both will consolidate for a short peorid of time. Truth in lending, I added a few th. shares UEX @ mkt this morning. B) :cat: ps: CCJ & DEN.TO are the others in this sector I own
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#17 jmicou

jmicou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:19 AM

mss, Although don't like the chart and don't know anything about the company, bought FRG at 5.30 this am for a trade. Thinking that at least a challenge to the old oil highs may be in the making. If so, it could lift all boats, as it were. Own as position trades, PTF and PVX, of which have some bids on calls to add to the exposure, as well as IVAN and SJT. Also, own some XLE calls from lower levels. Really like CCJ, but got stopped out of it. Anyway, the energy sector can tank now. regards, jmicou

#18 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 04:55 PM

Interesting, I have PTF & PVX in my Grandchildren's account. Well pleased with them. mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#19 jmicou

jmicou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 11:19 PM

mss, For core holdings, the dividends are nice. Then, there if there's capital appreciation, it's really nice. regards, jmicou

#20 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 05:46 AM

Jmicou: FRG and UEX.TO moved in opposite directions yesterday approximately about the same %s. What are your opinions today of these two?

Hey Jmicou, the low for FRG in April 2005 was 1.40

It closed Thursday at 5.89

It's a roaring monster. Short-term overbought but who knows..? You know? I ain't no trader, here, I'm watching the spot prices and what I perceive as the fundamentals. Gold and Uranium. I'm holding, as of now. Wish I'd bought more but I got a lot. There are many such stocks right now and maybe tomorrow they all crash and I'll be bummin'. I doubt it, though. <insert a great, ravenous Bull icon here>

UEX -- half a year it's gone sideways. I own it too, like MSS's Denison (because Denison is at least a little bit like Cameco), and I am content to wait. Uranium oxide, up, up, up, and that has consequences. No crystal ball here, of course. I've added to my holdings like crazy in stuff like Mega Uranium (I do believe in momentum investing to that extent) and now I have almost no free money to buy, until the next round of oil & gas royalty trust dividends come in around April 17th. I go to UEX's website often and read. Still looks good to me.

So just picture me with a big whip, trying to encourage Denison to be like CCJ....

Best,

Doug