• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jawndissedi

jawndissedi

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 01:37 PM

Ok, these are not the big boyz:

Over half of all respondents manage hedge funds with less than $10 million in assets under management, while over 85% currently manage less than $100 million.

However, they seem to have made a pretty good forecast last year:

In 2006, the Emerging Hedge Fund Manager Sentiment Survey results turned out to be quite accurate. Last year, respondents predicted increasing energy costs and a real estate market slowdown, both of which slowed the U.S. economy in 2006. They correctly predicted that Technology, Raw Materials, Financial Services and Defense would be among the top performing sectors in the U.S., and they narrowly missed the mark by indicating China would be the best performing international market.

Anyway, here's the full story. Embrace it, fade it, or ignore it at your own risk. ;)
Da nile is more than a river in Egypt.

#2 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:04 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Good stuff and a good idea. My read is that these guys are probably fairly smart and so are going to be hip to the major themes. Of course, many small hedge funds go away and thus, these same smart guys are prone to over do it from time to time. My theory is the fade them when they are most vulnerable, not when they don't have much at stake, such as when they are mouthing off to a survey taker. My read right now? These guys are leaning pretty hard long, so they may be vulnerable enough. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter