please mr bolton.....

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:45 PM

lol...spx goin to 2000 and beyond........snort.....geeziz u guys with so little foresite........

#12 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:48 PM

lol...spx goin to 2000 and beyond........snort.....geeziz u guys with so little foresite........

When?

#13 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:28 PM

"when"....the next 500 handles will come a lot faster than the last 500 handls...thats when..........lol.......u options traders are allways askin that question........be long and ull be there......with me........u must not hava day job...lol

Edited by da_cheif, 01 February 2007 - 11:31 PM.

#14 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:36 PM

Actually, the first print of SPX 2000 will be 8-17-14 at 2:37 PM EST.

#15 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:43 PM

Could it be that Time is Cheif's weakness? I have heard wild predictions on the radio (cknw with 'Glen' Campbell;>)) in the past from cheif that only happened after massive corrections, where had you held you would have had such huge draw downs you would have been wiped out.

That is not to say that calling price objectives is not admirable. This particular party should have a serious setback on Feb.27+/- day.

"when"....the next 500 handles will come a lot faster than the last 500 handls...thats when..........lol.......u options traders are allways askin that question........be long and ull be there......with me........u must not hava day job...lol

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#16 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:06 AM

Here's a puzzled reaction to a bull market and who is holding it up from another member who is going back to teaching math...

"It is not within me to flip and turn bullish when classic indicators like the 10 DMA of new highs in the Russell 3000 are flashing danger signs. But, I have finally conceded that there are problems in using old stalwart indicators that used to be highly reliable. For example, the long-standing divergence between price and 52 week new highs still means there is serious distribution going on as the averages move higher. It doesn't necessarily mean that a serious decline is at hand like it used to. There is a problem developing but the timetable is obscured.
Why? Anyone can make a guess. I sense an unnatural source of apparently limitless funds that is supporting the market. There is a floor of bids supporting the market 100% of the time. I call them mystery bidders.
They don't chase stocks up. The public and short sellers do that after the mystery bidders sop up any real supply that is offered. Who these people are is not what is important. The bids will be there no matter what. The market will not drop until either the public stops chasing stocks or until shorts stop covering everytime the market stablizes. But, I have no idea when that could happen. Maybe tomorrow, next week or next year, but danger is present.
Yes, I am getting a job. Starting on Febuary 15, I am going to return to teaching. (high school math) Quillian & Taylor will remain in tack and the weekly "Stockmaket Forecast & Comments" will continue as long as time permits. Please, no regrets. Trading full time is not that rewarding as a way of life. Actually, I do much better when I don't watch the tape all day anyway. "

James

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#17 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:34 AM

If SPX reaches 1850 this year, the buy and hold longs from 2000 peak will break even, in purchasing power.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#18 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:21 AM

Could it be that Time is Cheif's weakness? I have heard wild predictions on the radio (cknw with 'Glen' Campbell;>)) in the past from cheif that only happened after massive corrections, where had you held you would have had such huge draw downs you would have been wiped out.

That is not to say that calling price objectives is not admirable. This particular party should have a serious setback on Feb.27+/- day.

"Could it be that Time is Cheif's weakness?"........time is like a roll of toilet paper......the closer u get to the cardboard the faster it goes...........1987 seemed like yesterday.......well here we are.......when the naz was at 1300 i rumminated it was going to 5000.......everybody asked when....i sed soon......they all laft their azzez off..........30 months later.....it was there........in 2002 when the vixo was at 60.......i pontificated it was goin to 8.......everybody thought that was histerical.....they all thought it was goin to 100.......... :blink:

If SPX reaches 1850 this year, the buy and hold longs
from 2000 peak will break even, in purchasing power.

"purchasing power" ......thats a worn out phrase if i ever heard one....orignal thought is a rare commodity...... :blush:

"buy and hold from 2000".......that was a buy for most stocks.....u forget that the weekly ad line of the primary market bottomed in march 2000......this is an example of what happened to thousands of stocks from 2000
http://chart.bigchar.../...S&rand=6954

Edited by da_cheif, 02 February 2007 - 08:24 AM.

#19 kc135a

kc135a

• Traders-Talk User
  • 501 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 09:15 AM

Your low ....

2000-2280

When? Not before the elections.

This is a trading board not an investing board so who cares. Trade your signals not some forecast.

KC

#20 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:20 AM

u must not hava day job

Yes, yes, I do, let's see what I did in 2006, I received the company's technical achievement award among the some 1000+ high tech employees, my work was accepted to the world's #1 high-end computer graphics conference among the literally hundreds (?) applications, I submitted a new patent application on a completely different technique, contributed significantly to the production of 3 new movies... This is only the part about my day job, btw... :)

- kisa

Edited by kisacik, 02 February 2007 - 10:21 AM.