melt-up targets

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:17 AM

I am trying to position for the coming melt-up in global indices. This melt-up will be contributed by positive breadth and money flow, as detected by Fib's MCSUMs and few other indicators. Would anybody help me with the ST and LT targets? For S&P, possibly new all time high and more will be achievable. What would be best way to trade? Should I just buy S&P futures and then ask my broker to lock the account for two years? After all, in a 3 of 3 move, more I watch day-to-day fluctuations, more the wall of worry will grow in my mind and I will be tempted to quit the position. What is the best way to remain most profitable? Any (bullish) advice will be appreciate.
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#2 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,032 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:21 AM

I am trying to position for the coming melt-up in global indices. This melt-up will be contributed by positive breadth and money flow, as detected by Fib's MCSUMs and few other indicators. Would anybody help me with the ST and LT targets? For S&P, possibly new all time high and more will be achievable.

What would be best way to trade? Should I just buy S&P futures and then ask my broker to lock the account for two years? After all, in a 3 of 3 move, more I watch day-to-day fluctuations, more the wall of worry will grow in my mind and I will be tempted to quit the position. What is the best way to remain most profitable?

Any (bullish) advice will be appreciate.

I see the China index could crash in 2 months with their unemployment sky rocketing.

#3 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:25 AM

Unemployment is a lagging indicator. The effect of booming stock market has not reached the populace yet.
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#4 jawndissedi

jawndissedi

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:30 AM

Best advice I can give to any bull: grab your ankles! :D
Da nile is more than a river in Egypt.

#5 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:32 AM

Chinese Unemployment, to the extent that it matters to their stock market (I'm not sure it does), is probably Bullish, not Bearish. Lower labor costs and a cooling economy mean that the central government won't have to step on the brakes. At least in theory. I don't invest in countries that play different rules and in which transparency is a joke. So, take my read on China as that of someone who has no interest at this time. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#6 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:38 AM

Buy SPX leaps....

As far as targets are concerned...

Silly things amuse me..

Long term chart of spx with parallels drawn from what seem to be vibration points on the way up from 1998 to 2000 and down from the top to approx. mid 2001. Those parallels turned out to be pretty equal in size , approx. 70 points in between each one. Since the breakout upwards from the wedge we are blowing through each one. The one we are up against now at 1458 is the high made in Oct. 2000 and seems to have been important on a closing bases in the months of May, June and July 2000. Also very near the top of what could be a wedge right now with the top of that wedge being at 1468. I don't know what's going to happen , we can turn down at anytime here..but above 1468... I think the next target is the Sept 2000 high at 1533 if not the all time highs. Once above all time highs...of course there is nothing but air. Those upward breakouts of a wedge are very powerful aren't they. Be also aware of the divergent ROC going into the 2000 top and the same type of divergence going on now since the high in 2004. As I say....silly things amuse me. Posted Image Lets' get this correction out of the way first. :P :P Posted Image

#7 VolPivots

VolPivots

• Chartist
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:11 AM

Taking a risk that I'm gonna jinx my heavily long position.....good good good, good vibrations

Posted Image