NDX & RUT Thoughts

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:11 PM

Well with no meaningful pull back yesterday I had to Flip it LONG for today, not

much of a gain by the close but maybe .80% for the RYVYX .

Still the NDX may continue to move up tomorrow to break out above its recent range and thus persuade

the S&P and DOW to retest higher levels, or at least curb them from further declines while both the NDX and SOX and RUT are used for support.

The RUT is also clicking off new highs but I chose today's move as my short entry point for my swing position.

I wish this was more of a contrarian bet as RYDEX players are definitely more short the RUT,.. then let's say the

S&P. But there is not enough volatility in the S&P yet for my interest.

Hoping to hold this Rut short for approx 2-3 weeks or approx 5-7% whichever comes first.

RUT WEEKLY
Posted Image

Edited by Mr Dev, 22 February 2007 - 05:20 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#2 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:20 PM

I agree with your Russell short position. Although I just traded it on the long side during the last hour (made just 2 er2 points and sold it), I think today's close on small caps and mid caps could be a selling (shorting) opportunity. I will consider the same trade tomorrow. DOW looks like it wants to rally a little. I need more time to get a clear picture on S&P. Good luck with the trade. I may join you soon. Denleo