Posted 26 September 2007 - 01:40 PM

TP love your work. Never miss a post

#42 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 02:21 PM

He "vents" with charts. A real trader! :P
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#43 ...

• Traders-Talk User
  • 510 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 04:06 PM

How old are you, "..." bro?

I've been trading since 1966 when I was a teenager calling Merrill-Lynch from the hallway in my high school doing over-the-counter options trades when Thomas, Haabt and Botts was a market-maker and they ran little 3" one-column ads in the WSJ listing option inventory they wanted to move.

I was a CTA in the early '80s with more than $25 million under management. I've made (and lost) a ton of money, most of it probably before you were born. Now, what was it that you think is so important?

#44 risktaker

risktaker

• Traders-Talk User
  • 434 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 04:36 PM

Tea, it is amazing how you can always whip up a quick chart that offers great visual clarity, along with snazzy titles and witty comments. Thanks for all that and keep posting! ps: I saw replicas of your charts here and they do not come close to yours. I hope people give credits when they use other people's work.

Edited by risktaker, 26 September 2007 - 04:38 PM.

#45 youmast

youmast

• TT Patron+
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 05:03 PM

I've been trading since 1966...

....Now, what was it that you think is so important?

My respect to you, ...! I really appreciate your story.

That's what I thought... Young guys take the hardest trades at the beginning. Then we learn risk/reward stuff.... At the end we do only easy trades.

Huh... I'm 44, and I'm in the middle. I don't see easy trades yet, but I do little agressive mistakes, much less than at the beginning. I hope I learn how to trade clear-cuts later....

Good luck,

#46 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:30 PM

Teaparty -"Party like a rock star"-you've earned it. As you know, I've always seen the incredible value of your work. My guess is, that aside from you, I have benefited from it more than most. At the big turns you've called, up and down-I've been just short of plunge trading, lol-worked out SUPER! Also know full well what Mark is saying about how trades feel. "Easy" trades to take rarely work out as well for me as the "hard" ones do. Comfort level is rarely good on the inbounds on my biggest winners. Lets face it, the biggest money plays are buying the bottom of a cliff dive, or selling the rocket you are certain is now out of fuel. Either, when done properly feels tough on the way in-but incredible on exit. I am a short term trader, only swing trading in obvious trending situations-during which, there are many "easy trades"-the challenge being finding the BEST ones.

#47 spielchekr

spielchekr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 08:25 PM

You'll learn far more reading a Teaparty post than you will reading this. So why are you reading this? But really, there are way more of his protege's here and elsewhere than we will ever know. Count me in. PS I don't presume to be of protege calibur, I just want to be counted in :lol:

Edited by spielchekr, 26 September 2007 - 08:29 PM.

#48 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,013 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 06:37 AM

Interesting thread, eh?

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter