a brief review of the bull case

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#11 humble1

humble1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:36 PM

do you realize that large specs loading up and having loaded up is a historical buy sign and that they are often early? the fact that they have already added on the way down and a bit higher is bullish.

Edited by humble1, 23 October 2008 - 09:37 PM.

#12 humble1

humble1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:40 PM

thanks for your thoughts, larry. i will say this as a tape read: i was glad to see that 10/10/08 spx bar strongly kick Price's {bleeeep} out of her bed late this afternoon. but i am not totally happy we got down there again. and i see no reason to spend anymore time there, except maybe for a short amount of Time tamale.

#13 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:41 PM

do you realize that large specs loading up and having loaded up is a historical buy sign and that they are often early? the fact that they have already added on the way down and a bit higher is bullish.

You haven't got a farging clue what large traders have done through history, do you?
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#14 Mike McCarthy

Mike McCarthy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 402 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:42 PM

Congratulations, you now know what every HS educated trader in the world knows.

Toss in your regular classic technical indicators for a bottom (triple bottom, lower volume, lower VIX) and now you know what every 2 bit technician knows.

Now if the polls didn't reflect the fact everyone knew that and bet on it, I'd agree with you.

And the FFCI spikes again.

#15 pcp

pcp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:46 PM

It's actually the exact opposite. The large-spec is dumb money, a great fade at the right time. If the small traders weren't so heavily short, I would be fully short right now. I am hoping that tomorrow's report shows that the small traders have turned bullish too. That would be a good enough signal to hold over the weekend.

Edited by pcp, 23 October 2008 - 09:47 PM.

#16 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:48 PM

It's actually the exact opposite. The large-spec is dumb money, a great fade at the right time. If the small traders weren't so heavily short, I would be fully short right now.

Thank you for cluing him in. Large traders are 90% of the time momentum traders. When they are loaded up, its time for a turn. This is very uncharacteristic of them to be buying all the way to the floor.

#17 humble1

humble1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:48 PM

dc: actually, i do and i can see that you don't. there is a service which tracks open interest and changes therein and makes recommendations as a result. the action of large traders is closely watched. so, i guess it is you who really doesn't have a clue about what kind of research is out there. you are both completely wrong about that. a friend who takes it sends me the results and has done so for years. large trader buying and adding is a classic buy sign, but early.

Edited by humble1, 23 October 2008 - 09:51 PM.

#18 pcp

pcp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:50 PM

dc:

actually, i do and i can see that you don't. there is a service which tracks open interest and changes therein and makes recommendations as a result. the action of large traders is closely watched.

so, i guess it is you who really doesn't have a clue about what kind of research is out there.

I am guessing that whoever provides the service makes money by selling service and not by trading whatever it is they recommend.

Can you post a link so that I can check out this service myself?

#19 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:52 PM

dc:

actually, i do and i can see that you don't. there is a service which tracks open interest and changes therein and makes recommendations as a result. the action of large traders is closely watched.

so, i guess it is you who really doesn't have a clue about what kind of research is out there.

Look, you asked for opinions, I gave some to you. You want to know my current position? Flat.

Whats my bias going forward? Bearish. That's all I need to say. I'm not your financial advisor. You and everyone else will always do what you want to do. Market will tell us the direction. The only difference is, if I'm wrong, I'm flat.

#20 humble1

humble1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:54 PM

no, i'll let you do your own research work. it is the most followed and best known on that subject so you should be able to root around and come up with something. and the fact that you ask for a link shows you have no clue about the service or the research. LOL!