I keep telling you folks

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:23 PM

We are headed lower next Monday. Looking for 1000 on Nasdaq 100 next week. Dow retest of recent low at 7882. Gold heading lower. $SOX is dead. The babies will be thrown out with the bath water. After next week a roaring rally? I like to think so after a beautiful Dow double bottom. Own QID and DZZ. "Talking my book." So will see. :rolleyes:
Peace
johngeorge

#22 cgnx

cgnx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:28 PM

RE: people WILL BE JUMPING OUT WINDOWS

Popular Russian joke....

We ask Russian banker, "How did you sleep tonight?"

He answer, "I was sleeping like a baby".

"How so?"

"I was crying all night and shyt over my pants" :o

Bery Good yoke. :lol:
If it can be cornered, it will.

#23 traderpaul

traderpaul

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:42 PM

All I see day after day is people breaking out charts, technical crap, etc.

None of this will matter. Everyone knows this info. Everyone is trading on this info.

Based on the data of the last 100 years, technical, fundamental, or what not, this is the best buying opportunity of the century. I know this. You know this. My dog knows this.

Do you think there's fear here? There's rationality here. Markets, after this sort of massacres, do not make a bottom on rationalities. You need to know how stupid people can get. The same idiots that let the housing bubble get this bad are still in the market using "rational thought" to justify stock prices. If they were that stupid, you can bet they'll let this sucker drop to the downside almost as bad. Do not play a game of chicken with stupid.

Was there rationality at the top? No. Trying to pick a top at the 2000 bubble was suicide because its very hard to tell how silly people can get. Trying to pick a bottom here is also suicide, you just don't know it yet.

I'm not seeing anyone jump out of windows yet, and by the time this is over, I feel people WILL BE JUMPING OUT WINDOWS.

This is based on GUT FEEL, so take it for what its worth. All my metrics, which is based on last 100 years, tell me to buy. Unfortunately, my gut tells me STAY OUT. Fortunately for me, my gut is smarter than me.

Why trade with your guts? Why can't you probe? Same thing with the news......Everyone knows that the mutual funds is low on cash, hedge fund not done selling etc....Why do they tell you those things? Why can't hedge fund hedge? LOL
"Inflation is taking place now. Prices may not appear to be rising because they are making packaging smaller. "— Rickoshay

#24 traderpaul

traderpaul

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:46 PM

We are headed lower next Monday. Looking for 1000 on Nasdaq 100 next week. Dow retest of recent low at 7882. Gold heading lower. $SOX is dead. The babies will be thrown out with the bath water. After next week a roaring rally? I like to think so after a beautiful Dow double bottom. Own QID and DZZ. "Talking my book." So will see. :rolleyes:

How many times i hear that Mon will be a down day? No TA needed, Mon will be an UP day.....
"Inflation is taking place now. Prices may not appear to be rising because they are making packaging smaller. "— Rickoshay

#25 VolPivots

VolPivots

• Chartist
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:50 PM

This time IS different. The greatest credit-financed mania aided and abetted by looser and many imprudent "reforms" along with the derivatives boom have all come to a grinding halt....it's gonna take years to accept, reform practices and get back to basics/block & tackle, shift cultural "common-sense" mentalities (e.g. the DCA model, the market always has a positive return after XX years, etc.) and most-of-all, UNWIND and start saving again. I say it all ends about when sin city goes belly-up with at least 2 of the marquee hotels folding (no pun intended). But there WILL be rallies :P

Edited by marketneutral, 25 October 2008 - 05:51 PM.

#26 traderpaul

traderpaul

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:56 PM

This time IS different. The greatest credit-financed mania aided and abetted by looser and many imprudent "reforms" along with the derivatives boom have all come to a grinding halt....it's gonna take years to accept, reform practices and get back to basics/block & tackle, shift cultural "common-sense" mentalities (e.g. the DCA model, the market always has a positive return after XX years, etc.) and most-of-all, UNWIND and start saving again. I say it all ends about when sin city goes belly-up with at least 2 of the marquee hotels folding (no pun intended). But there WILL be rallies :P

Question, What does this market has to do to make you bullish?

#27 VolPivots

VolPivots

• Chartist
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:58 PM

But daddy.....

#28 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:12 PM

boyd gaming is going to go under ...they tore down the stardust which was their cash cow and now have an 8 billion dollar incomplete Eschelon Place that they have halted construction.

Tropicana will also fold ..its bankrupt right now

#29 VolPivots

VolPivots

• Chartist
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:33 PM

boyd gaming is going to go under ...they tore down the stardust which was their cash cow and now have an 8 billion dollar incomplete Eschelon Place that they have halted construction.

Tropicana will also fold ..its bankrupt right now

is that the 'city center'? last time i was there, it was in its early building phases...probably hard to get funding these dayz. neither of those are what i'd deem the 'marquee' hotels :o . we've been thinking about headin out there again soon.....definitely surprised at how high the off-season rates are these dayz and the big reason for my statement above.....

#30 zigzag

zigzag

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:39 PM

The record high vix should tell you that it is.

What about this one. I assume when you say past 100 yrs is no help, that means all records will be surpassed.

http://www.traders-t...?...c=95695&hl=