Market closes down tomorrow

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 zigzag

zigzag

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:03 PM

Before the Mar 9 u-turn my indicator for next day close was hitting arount 90%. Since then only 70%. I have one of those signals tonight that looks real fat and across all indicies. I mentioned the way I trade these is to see if the market can get opposite the signal so I can hook a ride to the other side. If we find green tomorrow, gap or otherwise I'm gonna take it.

Also since I have no TA charts of earth shattering import, here's a chart of the UR. Over the past 50 years a UR of 6% marked a bottom or market was already in rally mode - except this last one in august of '08. (no bottom and no rally for that one). Twice (the only two times) when UR hit 9% we got approximately 10% market correction. We are at 8.9% now. I personally don't think the UR for May or the NFP number tomorrow is an issue whatsoever for the near term. The market is focused on something else entirely and the above mentioned statistics are kind of interesting. Here's the chart.

Posted Image

#2 Iblayz

Iblayz

• TT Patron+
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:55 PM

I have sell signals as of the close on the QQQ, NDX, Nasdaq, SPX, OEX, NYA and SPY. Exceptions are the DOW (slightly) and, of course, the RUT....as the geniuses that have seen and smelled the bottom fall all over themselves to get in front of the idiots that will buy later once the news flow has turned to "all aboard".....and it will....they are certain of it.

#3 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:15 PM

If I had to bet on whether we close positive or negative tomorrow, I would bet on negative.
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#4 zigzag

zigzag

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:16 PM

Thanks Iblayz. And I'll be honest. I'm not real excited about shorting this market. I've been run over by the market mob before and I'd rather play dumb and go with the flow than to re-live that experience. This has been like a soccer game stampede since March. :lol:

#5 shanabe

shanabe

• Traders-Talk User
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:28 PM

Hope you are right, I took a stab at SDS near the close (SPX 940.4)...I still have footprints on my back from a couple of previous excursions to the dark side in the past two months... Enjoy your work and site BTW zigzag. Thanks for sharing. Remain Calm...All is Well! :lol:

Attached Thumbnails

• All_Is_Well.jpg

Edited by shanabe, 04 June 2009 - 10:29 PM.

In Ponzi We Trust

#6 BWTrader

BWTrader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 758 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:44 PM

Thanks, Zigzag. LOL I mistook your title to mean (because of the 30% rule) when I first saw it. LMAO at myself. No, no I don't wish ill for the market or anyone. I probably will sit on hands tomorrow until I (hopefully can) figure out crude's next move. Keeping a good bit of powder dry right here though. Thanks for sharing. I haven't seen your website yet, but will soon. Well, maybe I did see it a few months ago come to think...when you posted the link here. Seems I saw one of your videos of you trading. Best I remember it was rated G, LOL. BW

#7 zigzag

zigzag

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:52 PM

You guys worry me. I have no website. You've mistaken me for someone else. I get that a lot in person too. The other day a stewardess asked my wife if I was some actor on some nightly drama show. I can't remember which one. At least once a month for the past year someone I don't know asks me, 'do I know you?'. To which I respond, 'I don't think so. But the more hair I lose the more people think they know me.' :lol: zz

#8 shanabe

shanabe

• Traders-Talk User
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:37 PM

You guys worry me. I have no website. You've mistaken me for someone else. I get that a lot in person too. The other day a stewardess asked my wife if I was some actor on some nightly drama show. I can't remember which one. At least once a month for the past year someone I don't know asks me, 'do I know you?'. To which I respond, 'I don't think so. But the more hair I lose the more people think they know me.' :lol:

zz

You are right...it was zigzagman!! Sorry for the confusion. DOH!
In Ponzi We Trust