• 1,638 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:41 AM

Attached Thumbnails

• 8_10_2009___Dow_1930s_vs_Nasdaq_2000s.png
  • 8_10_2009___Dow_1930s_vs_Nasdaq_2000s___part_2.png
  • 8_10_2009___Dow_1930s_vs_Nasdaq_2000s___part_3.png
  • 8_10_2009___Dow_1930s_vs_Nasdaq_2000s___part_4.png
  • 8_10_2009___Dow_1930s_vs_Nasdaq_2000s___part_5.png

Edited by alysomji, 10 August 2009 - 09:48 AM.

"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O誰eil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#2 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:24 AM

I also recommend a look at this thread if you haven't seen it already:
http://www.traders-t...howtopic=109760 - to summarize, Nasdaq is highly likely to retrace 62% of its top to bottom regardless of bull or bear, but 50% is basically the "acceptable" minimum if you will (which it is very close to reaching now)
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O誰eil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#3 inamosa

inamosa

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:36 AM

One more

Attached Thumbnails

• 8_10_2009___Dow_1930s_vs_Nasdaq_2000s___part_6___corrected.png

Edited by alysomji, 10 August 2009 - 10:44 AM.

#4 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:48 PM

don't forget fracman's fractal

#5 inamosa

inamosa

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 01:56 PM

I don't think this cyclical bull ends until latter half of 2010 at earliest, personally But, I'm flexible and open to things playing out like Louise's fractal

#6 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:03 PM

Projections are very similar to Terry Laundry's T theory and my work, a high this Oct down into late 1st quarter 2010 (Terry has not stated this that I know of but it is implied in his work and is what I see) and then peaking in the summer of 2010, then a final low into 2013-14 for Terry, but I see mid 2014 for the final low for the major market index.

Edited by Russ, 10 August 2009 - 04:06 PM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#7 inamosa

inamosa

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:22 PM

I think the peak coming into mid- to late 2010 makes a lot of sense based on everything above (Nikkei + Dow fractal) Of course, nothing is certain Big fan of Terry, here, but don't follow up on his stuff as much as I'd like to

#8 inamosa

inamosa

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:02 PM

I think it's important to summarize once more here: Ultimate projections based on these charts are as follows (for the Nasdaq Composite - and likely the Dow and S&P would follow a similar pattern based on these forecasts): * A major high this fall (probably Sept/Oct - with a preference for Oct) - meaning termination of the rally this fall - and a strong correction into late 1st quarter / early 2nd quarter of 2010 (looks like April) * Then a new rally launches with a major high in mid- to late-2010 (I have a preference for the fall - Sept/Oct again) * At this point (mid- to late 2010), the cyclical bull is over (as the second major high has been hit) and the secular bear regains full control * Then a final secular bear low in 2013-14 (I prefer mid-2013 for now) My new wallpaper:

Attached Thumbnails

Edited by alysomji, 10 August 2009 - 11:11 PM.

#9 inamosa

inamosa

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:16 PM

I made a mistake in above image and it won't let me edit my post so I post the corrected version below (sorry)

Attached Thumbnails

#10 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:39 AM

excellent post!!! nice job guys