Photo

Everybody is B.T.F.D.. I am S.T.F.R. this week..

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 xtrader

xtrader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 368 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:30 AM

I notice a shift in board sentiment: 1) Nobody is calling for THEEEE TOP anymore.. yes correction might occur, but we will still go higher is the common consensus. 2) I think many bears have been burnt and might be applying a taking profits early precaution, or even switch to buying the dip. 3) 99% of blogs I read says to BTFD. JMHO. Thoughts??? :D

#2 Echo

Echo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:05 AM

Brady Township Fire Department? No wait... Burlington Township Fire Department? no no... Bloomington Township Fire Department? maybe... Berlin Township Fire Department? Nah... Bainbridge Township Fire Department? Huh... Bethel Township Fire Department? Bloomfield Township Fire Department? Bluffton Township Fire District? Bristol Tennessee Fire Department? Brown Township Fire Department?

#3 Gary Smith

Gary Smith

• Traders-Talk User
  • 887 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:36 AM

I notice a shift in board sentiment:

1) Nobody is calling for THEEEE TOP anymore.. yes correction might occur, but we will still go higher is the common consensus.

2) I think many bears have been burnt and might be applying a taking profits early precaution, or even switch to buying the dip.

3) 99% of blogs I read says to BTFD.

JMHO.
Thoughts??? :D

Indeed, a very big and disconcerting shift in board sentiment for those of us long in the tone and texture of the posts. Where have all the perma crash bears gone? Suddenly the trend is your friend is being recognized and exalted after so many months of denial. And it's amazing how in the weekly poll after being bearish each and every week during a rip roaring start to 2011 it is now showing a plurality in bulls (as I post this) for this upcoming week. Whereas I hope we close strong tomorrow off the opening gap down and the bulls prevail, this bull won't be buying any dips, at least for tomorrow.

#4 xtrader

xtrader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 368 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:27 AM

1) Nobody is calling for THEEEE TOP anymore.. yes correction might occur, but we will still go higher is the common consensus.

2) I think many bears have been burnt and might be applying a taking profits early precaution, or even switch to buying the dip.

JMHO.

Indeed, a very big and disconcerting shift in board sentiment for those of us long in the tone and texture of the posts. Where have all the perma crash bears gone? Suddenly the trend is your friend is being recognized and exalted after so many months of denial. And it's amazing how in the weekly poll after being bearish each and every week during a rip roaring start to 2011 it is now showing a plurality in bulls (as I post this) for this upcoming week. Whereas I hope we close strong tomorrow off the opening gap down and the bulls prevail, this bull won't be buying any dips, at least for tomorrow.

great post.

If we don't hold 1322-24 area here, we will see 1317-1319 very shortly..

#5 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:13 AM

I guess reading the posts on this board is pretty subjective - as I see it those who were bearish and wrong for some time - like me - were still bearish but not posting much, since we already said what we saw and nothing had changed. Bob-C and tommyt for example did post right at expo, with the bear view, and one disconcerting call was Fari Hamzei calling long this week.
best,
klh

#6 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:41 AM

It was all due to an extended securities lending operation of Fed that was enough to bull everyone up since the middle of January. The major trend to capitalize ended back then, IMHO. However, the bears were unable to take it down after all...

Edited by arbman, 22 February 2011 - 09:42 AM.

#7 CallMeIshmael

CallMeIshmael

• Traders-Talk User
  • 767 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:12 PM

JMHO.

RUTTFEU?