MARKET THOUGHTS

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

exited shorts a day ago on the big down move.. now going long on the 60m buy signal.. counter trend still but with some talks in DC starting .. there may be hope enough to push this signal higher and then much higher. it will likely stay on for a few days .. but for anyone playing along it should be monitored closely. best of luck to all. :bowtie:

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#2 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

RUT......... target 781 NDX ..........target 2549 SPX ...........target 1365 INDU..........target 12668

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

#3 jdjimenez

jdjimenez

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

exited shorts a day ago on the big down move.. now going long on the 60m buy signal.. counter trend still but with some talks in DC starting .. there may be hope enough to

push this signal higher and then much higher. it will likely stay on for a few days .. but for anyone playing along it should be monitored closely.

best of luck to all. :bowtie:

Certainly doesn't hurt to be seeing things the same as you!

JDJ

#4 DrSP

DrSP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Dev, Thx. I am watching many things. One among them is $TRIN. Feeling here is bottom is yet to be seen. May be I will buy higher but when I am comfortable. Whatever I bought yesterday hit the trailing stops on today's opening at profit. +++ :)
You could be a billionaire or an industrial worker or a teacher or a moderator of a forum - Hold a good conscience because that is what matters.

#5 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

Mr Dev, Even though I agree with your thesis, I think there is risk in playing long. I've cut my index position shorts to a minimum here. Simply waiting to reload if we get a hope rally, but I'm not playing the "catch the falling knife" game. Upside if any isn't great. And downside may be quite substantial and sudden, with the way the market is set up. Just sayin' But I certainly hope you'll get your bounce so I could reload :) Currency markets are starting to look scary. You never know what influence that will have on things. Euro is definitely sick, so is Yen. Dollar is on the bull run. Short copper, long dollar, short Euro, short Yen. And a few individual stocks.

Edited by ogm, 16 November 2012 - 10:54 AM.

#6 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

sound reasoning . i think today's open would of signaled a better move higher if we had gaped up, so as you mentioned the opening was not good for my signal as well.
but it is hanging on ....for now.

Dev, Thx. I am watching many things. One among them is $TRIN. Feeling here is bottom is yet to be seen. May be I will buy higher but when I am comfortable. Whatever I bought yesterday hit the trailing stops on today's opening at profit. +++ :)

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#7 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

I'm looking at the chart, and if we close down today again, I can almost see big red candles on the SPX and Euro on Monday.

#8 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

as i see it we should continue on up from here ( RUT up +.90% SPX +.50 etc today) but we have been moving into overbought so quickly. just as a note from back in the days of old.. when we close up on Opt Exp Fridays in a bearish market... by the close monday .. they would reverse it. so if you are long.. you do want to exercise caution late monday. besides that .. im sure most had a great week trading.. but whether you did or were off a bit..just go and enjoy your family and your weekend. :bowtie:

Edited by Mr Dev, 16 November 2012 - 04:02 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev