MARKET THOUGHTS

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:39 PM

today bounce for the RUT from the low close last Friday was able to push the RUT up to its 40DMA closing right on it at 1165.

the shorter term MAs found their support from the top down to the 40DMA while closing near 1167.

so i see a top kiss for the shorter term MAs and and a back kiss for the RUT Price itself which had slipped into a whole last week.

technically todays bounce did not benefited the RUT as much (still on a daily sell signal) ..as it did the DOW..followed by the NDX the SPX and the EEM, and most could hold again tomorrow.

the EEM actually looks overbought and like gold.. may need a rest tomorrow .

with YELLEN speaking tomorrow (not positive on this) markets shouldnt need to look for the typical REPO support which usually comes from behind the scenes as it has for years prior when uncle Ben was speaking.

Gold took the needed rest mentioned and expected last thursday/friday ....but that rest may not last for more than a week as the XAU and the Miners remain in their Extreme Bullish Territory to

move higher. a breakdown from Extreme Bullishness Territory thru to Bearish trend territory would then give a continuation signal to the current Xau 60min sell signal (for now and playable with a partial position in Dust)

until it comes off. i expect that the XAU will remain inside its Bullish Territory thru this 60mins sell signal so looking to short first and then flipping for a bounce is one strategy for the week..

while at this time also holding RUT shorts

im not sure if many traders who were not already long over the weekend had much time or price action to get long today and profit ...but maybe tomorrow if the markets are told to like what Yellen is saying.

oh and one more thing from this mornings action .. the repair to the BPSPX intraday chart was significant, but mid day it was still looking like a back kiss... so markets will need another strong
day tomorrow to overcome this technical disadvantage.

ill update the MoMo tonight but in its position from the close last week it may be a challenge for it to have improved much on today action . that said ill still be watching it closely to signal
a Market Surprise while its with in this Extreme Bearish Zone.
Trade Well Traders.

:bowtie:

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#2 PrincelyM

PrincelyM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:16 PM

I know I said I wouldnt post in your threads but your update has me totally confused. You were calling for a crash this past one week...maybe more...what changed? So now you are hedging your call looks like. No crash means more upside. What is your position? Do you have one? Last week you were taunting all bulls...Now what? I have to add though - I have bearish positions on - short ES and short TNA...along with a TNA bear spread. BUT still your capitulation is surprising after all the taunting and big words last week. Just goes to show I guess. Best, PM

#3 PrincelyM

PrincelyM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:40 PM

But anyway you have me on ignore supposedly - so you cant see my posts. So dont bother commenting. I know you would like to keep that impression for everyone even though you are spamming my inbox. Please dont do that anymore. If there is anything you want to say to me, say it here. Not in my private inbox. I am not going to reply to you there. You can msg me here if you want to...Else take it as is. Best, PM

Edited by PrincelyM, 14 July 2014 - 08:41 PM.

#4 PrincelyM

PrincelyM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 287 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:10 AM

Mr Dev, Now, I regret posting above 2 messages. I did this yesterday night after having a few drinks so couldn't control myself. Note to self - no more writing after drinking. So as to prevent this from happening anymore, I think I will put you on ignore. I respect you as a trader and analyst and I think you have made some good calls - Its just your posts riling and taunting others....And you get mad at anyone who disagrees with you; And the way you went after Fib and Denleo was not the way I would expect a mature and successful trader to act. I just exchanged a few posts with you because of that. And also the way you reacted PM'ing me taunting me in my inbox was also really bad. At this point in my trading life, when I have started to be successful - finally - I do not need any other distractions or ego mind games. SO... All the best with your trading...I am not going to bother you or anyone who follows you anymore..To help me with this I am probably going to put you on ignore. All the best. Best, PM

#5 draggen33

draggen33

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:15 AM

Mr Dev,

Now, I regret posting above 2 messages. I did this yesterday night after having a few drinks so couldn't control myself. Note to self - no more writing after drinking.

So as to prevent this from happening anymore, I think I will put you on ignore. I respect you as a trader and analyst and I think you have made some good calls - Its just your posts riling and taunting others....And you get mad at anyone who disagrees with you; And the way you went after Fib and Denleo was not the way I would expect a mature and successful trader to act. I just exchanged a few posts with you because of that. And also the way you reacted PM'ing me taunting me in my inbox was also really bad. At this point in my trading life, when I have started to be successful - finally - I do not need any other distractions or ego mind games.

SO...

All the best with your trading...I am not going to bother you or anyone who follows you anymore..To help me with this I am probably going to put you on ignore.

All the best.

Best,
PM

Well you now earned some respect at least from me !!!Bravo for last comment

#6 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:16 AM

further weakness in the miners this morning playing out (still has a bit further to go) further weakness in the RUT this morning playing out (still has further to go and may start to drag the NDX lower followed by the SPX and eventually the INDU) as expected last night the MoMo remains just inside Extreme Bullish Territory...and posturing a bit more bearish for today. i continue to hold RUT shorts (from weeks ago) with my sights on the end of July or early Aug for my exit. trader well folks. :bowtie:

Edited by Mr Dev, 15 July 2014 - 10:18 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

#7 TTrader47

TTrader47

• Traders-Talk User
  • 517 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:38 AM

the MoMo remains just inside Extreme Bullish Territory...and posturing a bit more bearish for today.

You mean bearish?

#8 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:01 PM

Thanks TT.. Yes...sorry for that confusion.

Edited by Mr Dev, 15 July 2014 - 12:07 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#9 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:09 PM

Dust paying out some nice gains almost 7% here. As NUGT nears 41 support level ill look to re enter on the long side.

Edited by Mr Dev, 15 July 2014 - 12:09 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev