Bearish case weakening for spx, but

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 jmicou

jmicou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:16 AM

Looking at 15 min chart of spx, it could be considered 5 small waves down to a 1 or a. If so, then it is up 2 or b; however that window is getting smaller. If /CL goes below $60, that could pull equities with it.

#2 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:44 PM

which window? and if it isnt a 2 or b what else can it be? even if an x doesnt it resolve down? TIA - very glad you are more vocal lately:)
best,
klh

#3 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:52 PM

If /CL goes below $60, that could pull equities with it.

It's important not to become "conditioned" to this type of merchandising technique to distract you from the trend in force.

Stay focused to what is truly important.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#4 jmicou

jmicou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:57 PM

which window? and if it isnt a 2 or b what else can it be? even if an x doesnt it resolve down?

TIA - very glad you are more vocal lately:)

Thanks!

Agree with what you said for downward count. On the other hand, if 1820 to 2080 were a 1, and 2024 a 2, then correction over and another 3 is in the works. So, the window is as to whether the move off the highs is corrective or a trend change. If above 2061, let's say, the probaility of a trend change would "look" unlikely.

Oil prices, carry trade, end of year, Fed meeting, ECB QE, opex, and so forth having influences. With the CBs and OPEC pushing markets around, price discovery seems elusive.

#5 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:01 PM

got it - thanks - as Mae West said, I aint a waver!
best,
klh

#6 jmicou

jmicou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:08 PM

It may not seem like it, but nor do I consider myself one. Yet, I find using fib ext calcs and sizing up patterns helpful.

#7 jmicou

jmicou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:11 PM

It may not seem like it, but nor do I consider myself one. Yet, I find using fib ext calcs and sizing up patterns helpful.

And I appreciate when I get it wrong, to be shown how.

#8 jmicou

jmicou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:02 PM

Just got a tweet: An abc down to A, B up, then down to 2018. Maybe hod was a B? Even so, the writer has a 1 at the recent high 2080

Edited by jmicou, 11 December 2014 - 02:03 PM.

#9 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:59 PM

If /CL goes below $60, that could pull equities with it.

It's important not to become "conditioned" to this type of merchandising technique to distract you from the trend in force.

Stay focused to what is truly important.

Fib

Fib, so is there a great bullish interpretation why your BETs signal says to stay in cash since October ?

I don't get your bullishness. NYSE is massively diverging. Summations rolled over back down from a weak rally. Nothing bullish that I can see. Negative divergences in internals and externals galore.

As for oil ... High yield bonds get slammed day after day on weak oil, since the shale companies have borrowed 100s of billions of dollars to drill holes in the ground, that will unlikely to ever be repaid.

Thats why the market is freaking out about oil declines, because there are massive margin calls going out to all those yield chasers in high yields.

Edited by ogm, 11 December 2014 - 03:01 PM.

#10 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,433 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:39 PM

And JNK/HYG now making multi-year lows....something may be broken here that aint registering in the indexes just yet....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy