clx students

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 03:40 PM

you're having a field day riding the 30 day ma of the clx.....catching the whole ride....1574 is coming......clx.s keep powering up....probably be there by jun16.......but remember .....the days in front of expiration rarely do they put 2 days back to back in the same direction........can look ugly one day and great the next..... :P

#2 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:02 PM

"the days in front of expiration" rarely do they put 2 days back to back in the same direction

Could you explain this a bit more, when exactly do you mean

i've also noticed that back to back big moves in the same direction are tough

you're having a field day riding the 30 day ma of the clx.....catching the whole ride....1574 is coming......clx.s keep powering up....probably be there by jun16.......but remember .....the days in front of expiration rarely do they put 2 days back to back in the same direction........can look ugly one day and great the next..... :P

#3 kc135a

kc135a

• Traders-Talk User
  • 501 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:40 PM

OK

What happened to the 1460 38% retrace you where mentioning on prior post?

KC

#4 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 05:59 PM

OK

KC

well its still there aint it???...is it goin there???....alottta people hope so........todays action may or may not mitigate against it.....nice thing about position trading......make one big call....be right ....that way i dont havto sweat the small ********.....or if my ******** sez short the emini...u know ill do it....like i just did the other day.....but ya gotta admit there sure is a massive focus here and on cnbs for 1460......anything that easy usually is not that easy...... :sweatingbullets: :wacko:

#5 kc135a

kc135a

• Traders-Talk User
  • 501 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:21 PM

OK

KC

well its still there aint it???...is it goin there???....alottta people hope so........todays action may or may not mitigate against it.....nice thing about position trading......make one big call....be right ....that way i dont havto sweat the small ********.....or if my ******** sez short the emini...u know ill do it....like i just did the other day.....but ya gotta admit there sure is a massive focus here and on cnbs for 1460......anything that easy usually is not that easy...... :sweatingbullets: :wacko:

Thanks for the answer.

For sure the DJX June call option activity today certainly supports the 1574 call happening before 1460. So much for most TA.

KC

#6 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 09:32 PM

OK

KC

Thanks for the answer.

For sure the DJX June call option activity today certainly supports the 1574 call happening before 1460. So much for most TA.

KC

yup.... http://upload.wikime...c135.750pix.jpg

#7 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:47 PM

"the days in front of expiration" rarely do they put 2 days back to back in the same direction

between www and opex history has shown that 4 days are up 4 days are down.....up down up down up down ......not all the time but enuff to not get to excited........but this time mite be different and tonites clx analysis allows for a meltup......unless of course..... :lol:

#8 kc135a

kc135a

• Traders-Talk User
  • 501 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:10 AM

yup.... http://upload.wikime...c135.750pix.jpg

We got to get the right vintage of aircraft here ....

Recognize the Lake? It starts with the letter M ...

Posted Image

Southern Michigan border

Posted Image

And for kicks, ..., over the UP (we know where that is) just east of Du..Lut. G model no less.

Posted ImagePosted Image

KC

#9 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:48 AM

Interesting!

Thanks da C

between www and opex history has shown that 4 days are up 4 days are down.....up down up down up down ......not all the time but enuff to not get to excited........but this time mite be different and tonites clx analysis allows for a meltup......unless of course..... :lol:

#10 mortiz

mortiz

• Traders-Talk User
  • 277 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:21 AM

cheif, Following Friday's action, I noticed the CLXp numbers for both the Dow and NDX posted significantly higher postings than the CLX. I have Dow CLX at +7 and Dow CLXp at +17 (not "official" numbers). The NDX CLX came in at +2 with the NDX CLXp at a whopping +42. Needless to say, the Friday disparities between CLX and CPXp have driven the AYDIS (CLX minus CLXp for those in Rio Linda) to oversold levels in the raw AYDIS 3 day MAs, MACD, MCOs, etc. You have mentioned many times CLXp is far more sensitive than CLX, is this current and rather extreme disparity between CLX and CLXp a factor in your suggestion of the meltup possibility? Thanks, Randy N.