Been watching this for 5 years now

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:55 PM

The markets selloffs. There's absolutely no conviction about any upside from most members. The board goes quiet. Bulls start hedging their arguments. Then the market takes off. Then, there's 100 explanations on why the market rallied and why caution was expected at the lows. There are a few exceptions of course. For instance yesterday, SemiBizz came out right at the lows and gave a technical explanation as to why the market would rally and voila it rallied. That's useful analysis. That's useful heads up. Now the same stuff happens at the top too. Bears go quiet. Then there's a swift decline. Even those bears who would not have caught a penny of the decline will start taunting the bulls and give gazallion explanations for the selloff. So here's a request. If you guys see a setup, post it. You don't have to post a trade. Just post the setup. That would be help the board more than all the ex-post facto stuff. Again, don't be shy !

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:31 AM

[quote]: "... If you guys see a setup, post it. You don't have to post a trade. Just post the setup. That would be help the board more than all the ex-post facto stuff. Again, don't be shy !" [/unquote]

I posted my set-up on the thread below, i.e., SHORT from SPX 1392-1395. Ive also been posting my real-time short/long positions daily on my TT blog.

Didnt see anyone else post today about shorting here, so perhaps many are either long or just plain confused/scared/waiting on the Fed. Insider remains short, to my knowledge and IYB also posted he was building shorts.

Im probably 1% early on this short trade, but that's where my trading convictions lie based on the e-wave structure and no one gets a perfect entry.

Im moving up my stop to SPX 1408.

BTW, Nav, I really appreciate your candid, forthright real-time posts on your trading positions and very helpful analysis. You set a great example for all TT posters.

Edited by beta, 25 April 2008 - 12:37 AM.

"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"

#3 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:45 AM

I posted my set-up on the thread below, i.e., SHORT from SPX 1392-1395. Ive also been posting my real-time short/long positions daily on my TT blog.

Didnt see anyone else post today about shorting here, so perhaps many are either long or just plain confused/scared/waiting on the Fed. Insider remains short, to my knowledge and IYB also posted he was building shorts.

Im probably 1% early on this short trade, but that's where my trading convictions lie based on the e-wave structure and no one gets a perfect entry.

Im moving up my stop to SPX 1408.

BTW, Nav, I really appreciate your candid, forthright real-time posts on your trading positions and very helpful analysis. You set a great example for all TT posters.

Yes, you did. I read both yours and JNavins blog. Both of you guys keep up the good work.

Edited by NAV, 25 April 2008 - 12:45 AM.

#4 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:50 AM

I get a 'C+' for this :unsure:

my predict from 2 days ago
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#5 swinger

swinger

• Traders-Talk User
  • 545 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:51 AM

Nav, I meant to post a reply for you on this thread but instead stuck it in your 'What would turn me bullish' thread below.

#6 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:38 AM

I get a 'C+' for this :unsure:

my predict from 2 days ago

I was thinking along the same lines that we would not make new swing highs. But it did. So we both get a C+, i guess :lol:

#7 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 05:49 AM

Sell in May..and go diving. ;)
NYAD cum. diverging on this last high......I won't post an hourly spx as most see the divergence there already....that doesn't mean price has finished with the upside quite yet but we could be.... something to beware of.

Posted Image

Edited by Teaparty, 25 April 2008 - 05:51 AM.

#8 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 05:51 AM

Just post the setup.

Posted Image

(this is the very short term momentum setup for me, I use cycles for IT price and time targets and verify against some volume issues)

Edited by arbman, 25 April 2008 - 05:53 AM.

#9 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 06:20 AM

Tea and Arbman, Thanks guys. That's the kind of stuff i come to this board for.

#10 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:55 AM

NYUD cumulative diverging too....I don't find NAAD cum. useful at all...but NAUD cum is..

Posted Image

Posted Image