#1 U.F.O.

U.F.O.

U.F.O.

• TT Patron+
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:01 AM

http://www.mlive.com..._global_wa.html

U.F.O.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
~Benjamin Franklin~

#2 zman

zman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:07 AM

http://www.mlive.com..._global_wa.html

U.F.O.

Finally some logic...at least I hope so
Education is the best defense against the media.

#3 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:08 PM

This freaking planet is basically uninhabitable!

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#4 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:14 PM

Here's what "GW scientists" conveniently leave out of their models:

"If global temperatures are experiencing the biggest sustained drop in decades, while CO2 levels continue to rise -- how can it be true?
As for CO2 levels, core samples show conclusively they follow the earth's temperature rise, not lead it.
It turns out CO2 fluctuations follow the change in sea temperature. As water temperatures rise, oceans release additional dissolved CO2 -- like opening a warm brewsky."

But did you know that Jim Hansen, one of the original CO2 alarmist, receives big wads of money and awards for his alarmism?

He just recently got a nice ROLEX for winning the WWF award.
In 2007, Hansen shared the US $1 million Dan David Prize for "achievements having an outstanding scientific, technological, cultural or social impact on our world". In 2008, he received the PNC Bank Common Wealth Award of Distinguished Service for his "outstanding achievements" in science. At the end of 2008, Hansen was named by EarthSky Communications and a panel of 600 scientist-advisors as the Scientist Communicator of the Year, citing him as an "outspoken authority on climate change" who had "best communicated with the public about vital science issues or concepts during 2008."
http://en.wikipedia....sen#cite_note-6
Congressman Darrell Issa questioned Hansen's motivations in criticizing the Bush administration, noting that Hansen supported 2004 Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry and also received a $250,000 Heinz Environment Award from the Heinz Foundation, run by Kerry's wife, in 2001.

We will probably never know the amount and sources of "funding" the alarmist receive.

FOLLOW the MONEY!

In the 1980s Moura Costa was a penniless doctoral student of forestry and plant biotechnology in Britain. Some twenty years later he runs EcoSecurities , a company with one of the largest portfolios of emission reduction projects in the world, focussing specifically on the CDM.
CHA-CHING!

This is better than "Save the Children!"

Edited by Rogerdodger, 19 January 2009 - 12:28 PM.

#5 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:07 PM

>>To think, early last year, liberals suggested we spend 45 trillion dollars and give up five million jobs to fix global warming. But there is good news: now that we don't have to spend any of that money, we can give it all to the banks.<< Good article UFO. Now that's "change I can believe in....." ;)
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#6 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:48 PM

Anytime I hear of these committees and organizations I think of the Swift Boaters, a slanderous, made-up organization whose only purpose was to re-elect Bush. I also see that this farcical article was linked by every politically motivated blog as truth, in an unquestioning and sensationalist manner that is so typical to what supremacist and anti-Zionists do.

I just have one questions: who is paying them?

Edited by linrom1, 19 January 2009 - 02:51 PM.

#7 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,528 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:01 PM

You guys are forgetting the most important dogma of liberalism.... Which is that they always need a crisis and a cause to rail against. If it is not global warming, they will find another cause such as Obesity, Too many rich & successful people, too many impoverished nations to whom the rich nations must spread the wealth to, too large homes, too large automobiles, too many airplanes polluting the sky,,,, ......just any cause will do against which they can fight on and demand more taxation to stop it. Incidentally I do believe in global warming since there is conclusive geological evidence it has happened before man invented fire. In fact the last global warming finished off the last global ice age. I just have a hard time accepting man is the cause of such earth shaking events. Man is smaller than a pimple on an elephant's arse compared to earth & the sun.

Edited by pdx5, 19 January 2009 - 03:02 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#8 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:10 PM

Anytime I hear of these committees and organizations I think of the Swift Boaters, a slanderous, made-up organization whose only purpose was to re-elect Bush. I also see that this farcical article was linked by every politically motivated blog as truth, in an unquestioning and sensationalist manner that is so typical to what supremacist and anti-Zionists do.

I just have one questions: who is paying them?

Hard to argue with such compelling logic.

Meanwhile, more slander from the Huffington Post:

1. First, the expression "climate change" itself is a redundancy, and contains a lie. Climate has always changed, and always will. There has been no stable period of climate during the Holocene, our own climatic era, which began with the end of the last ice age 12,000 years ago.

In every case, the ice-core data shows that temperature rises precede rises in carbon dioxide by, on average, 800 years. In fact, the relationship is not "complicated." When the ocean-atmosphere system warms, the oceans discharge vast quantities of carbon dioxide in a process known as de-gassing

Carbon dioxide cannot absorb an unlimited amount of infrared radiation. Why not? Because it only absorbs heat along limited bandwidths, and is already absorbing just about everything it can.

Indeed, increased temperature leads to increased evaporation of the oceans, which leads to increased cloud cover (one cooling effect) and increased precipitation (a bigger cooling effect). Within certain bounds, in other words, the ocean-atmosphere system has a very effective self-regulating tendency. By the way, water vapor is far more prevalent, and relevant, in the atmosphere than carbon dioxide -- a trace gas. Water vapor's absorption spectrum also overlays that of carbon dioxide. They cannot both absorb the same energy! The relative might of water vapor and relative weakness of carbon dioxide is exemplified by the extraordinary cooling experienced each night in desert regions, where water in the atmosphere is nearly non-existent.

If not carbon dioxide, what does "drive" climate? I am glad you are wondering about that. In the short term, it is ocean cycles, principally the Pacific Decadal Oscillation, the "super cycle" of which cooling La Niñas and warming El Niños are parts. Having been in its warm phase, in which El Niños predominate, for the 30 years ending in late 2006, the Pacific Decadal Oscillation switched to its cool phase, in which La Niñas predominate.

Concurrent with the switchover of the Pacific Decadal Oscillation to its cool phase the Sun has entered a period of deep slumber. The number of sunspots for 2008 was the second lowest of any year since 1901. That matters less because of fluctuations in the amount of heat generated by the massive star in our near proximity (although there are some fluctuations that may have some measurable effect on global temperatures) and more because of a process best described by the Danish physicist Henrik Svensmark in his complex, but elegant, work The Chilling Stars. In the book, the modern Galileo, for he is nothing less, establishes that cosmic rays from deep space seed clouds over Earth's oceans. Regulating the number of cosmic rays reaching Earth's atmosphere is the solar wind; when it is strong, we get fewer cosmic rays. When it is weak, we get more. As NASA has corroborated, the number of cosmic rays passing through our atmosphere is at the maximum level since measurements have been taken, and show no signs of diminishing. The result: the seeding of what some have taken to calling "Svensmark clouds," low dense clouds, principally over the oceans, that reflect sunlight back to space before it can have its warming effect on whatever is below

http://www.huffingto...d_b_154982.html
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#9 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,528 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:16 PM

Hey Stocks....please refrain from making logical arguments. It will annoy "certain" posters who shall remain nameless.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#10 MaryAM

MaryAM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:29 PM

Incidentally I do believe in global warming since there is conclusive geological evidence
it has happened before man invented fire. In fact the last global warming finished off the
last global ice age. I just have a hard time accepting man is the cause of such earth
shaking events. Man is smaller than a pimple on an elephant's arse compared to earth & the sun.

I agree that its a hard pill for me to swallow that man is responsible for it. Mammoth mountain puts out tons of CO2 each year - are they going to put a large tarp over it? If you look at the total volume of the earths atmosphere - then take the total volume of the CO2 emissions created by man on the planet - its so far out in the decimal place that it is not even measurable. The earth warms and cools - mostly in response to the sun's intensity which varies considerably over long periods of time and has a very short term 11 year sunspot cycle. The earth also has intense short term cooling periods in response to major volcanic eruptions - many people left New England after Krakatoa blew in the south pacific in the last century because they could not farm - it snowed in July.