COT work says...

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 danzman

danzman

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 908 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:27 PM

Looking at the big contract, my work says we're not even close to an IT bottom yet. A lot of dumb money treating this is as a great buying opportunity. November lows are likely going to get broken. That's the easiest way for weak hands to become big sellers. D
I don't make predictions, I just react.

#2 U.F.O.

U.F.O.

U.F.O.

• TT Patron+
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:30 PM

Could you show us some of the COT stuff that leads you to this conclusion. U.F.O.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
~Benjamin Franklin~

#3 danzman

danzman

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 908 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 04:37 PM

Could you show us some of the COT stuff that leads you to this conclusion.

U.F.O.

I'll just say what I've been saying. The non-reportables are wrong
way traders.

D

#4 U.F.O.

U.F.O.

U.F.O.

• TT Patron+
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:08 PM

Is this it?

http://www.cftc.gov/...btlof011309.htm

I'm getting the long/short numbers on "non-reportable" almost exactly even.

Now I get it. You're looking at S&P numbers on the MERC.

http://www.cftc.gov/...melof011309.htm

You do know those numbers are over a week old?

U.F.O.

Edited by U.F.O., 24 January 2009 - 05:15 PM.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
~Benjamin Franklin~

#5 U.F.O.

U.F.O.

U.F.O.

• TT Patron+
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:36 PM

Now I'm finally on the right date for last week. Sorry for my spastic (re)learning curve on the previous post. I stopped following COT a few years ago as I started doubting it's predictive power. Even now if you count the e-mini's and the other equity data (NDX etc.) it's looks like the so-called dumb money here is net short on balance...a lot. Am I reading this wrong?

http://www.cftc.gov/...s/deacmesof.htm

U.F.O.

Edited by U.F.O., 24 January 2009 - 09:37 PM.

~Benjamin Franklin~

#6 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:14 PM

danzman knows what he's talking about That's all I'll say for now
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#7 U.F.O.

U.F.O.

U.F.O.

• TT Patron+
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:35 PM

Not saying he doesn't. But, when someone asks for further info after a leading topic something like "My work says the market crashes" and all they get is a cryptic response, we have to try our feeble best to reverse engineer what this great, secretive, prognostication tool is. That's all I'm trying do. You want to help me alysomji, or has he kept you in the dark too? U.F.O.
~Benjamin Franklin~

#8 U.F.O.

U.F.O.

U.F.O.

• TT Patron+
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:41 PM

Posted Image
~Benjamin Franklin~

#9 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:40 AM

Posted Image

http://lcmarket.blog...s-01132009.html
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#10 danzman

danzman

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 908 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:49 AM

Now I'm finally on the right date for last week. Sorry for my spastic (re)learning curve on the previous post. I stopped following COT a few years ago as I started doubting it's predictive power. Even now if you count the e-mini's and the other equity data (NDX etc.) it's looks like the so-called dumb money here is net short on balance...a lot. Am I reading this wrong?

http://www.cftc.gov/...s/deacmesof.htm

U.F.O.

Now I didn't say anything about emini...just the big contract and non-reportable.
That's all I need...just have to look at it a certain way. It took me a long time
to figure this out. I'm pointing you in a great direction for IT timing...you just
have to figure out the puzzle. This is a 100% automatic strategy with one
input and a couple rules. Very simple as any systematic approach should be.
It's stood the test of time very well.

After doing my recent studies on option and futures expiration and how my
indicator is linked to them, I am certain that the S&P 500 futures is the tail
that wags the dog.

D