Mexico mining Risk?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,970 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:24 AM

of any gold or silver stock that has significant Mexican mining exposure. That government and country has some serious stability issues in Senor's opinion and the risk there is becoming very real. Take this for what it's worth but Senor will not own any gold or silver stock that has any exposure to mexico production, there are enough other alternatives that exposure there is not necessary for Senor.
Also their gvt finances have deteriorated badly with the oil price decline and adding to that has been the GRANDE production decrease in their huge Cantarell oil field. More bad news.

Here is a recent link: http://www.foxnews.c...,479906,00.html

BSing away

Senor

#2 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:59 AM

of any gold or silver stock that has significant Mexican mining exposure. That government and country has some serious stability issues in Senor's opinion and the risk there is becoming very real. Take this for what it's worth but Senor will not own any gold or silver stock that has any exposure to mexico production, there are enough other alternatives that exposure there is not necessary for Senor.
Also their gvt finances have deteriorated badly with the oil price decline and adding to that has been the GRANDE production decrease in their huge Cantarell oil field. More bad news.

BSing away

Senor

no question geopolitical risks will become a factor. along w/extorting more taxes out of the miners. will these geopolitcal risks outweigh having gold in the ground? i dont know. playing the miners is a very risky biz. dharma

#3 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,970 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:08 PM

BSing away

Senor

no question geopolitical risks will become a factor. along w/extorting more taxes out of the miners. will these geopolitcal risks outweigh having gold in the ground? i dont know. playing the miners is a very risky biz. dharma

Dharma, a big XAU correction is now underway IMO, I think it goes deeper than most amigos think.

NO BS

Senor

#4 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:39 PM

BSing away

Senor

Dharma, a big XAU correction is now underway IMO, I think it goes deeper than most amigos think.

NO BS

Senor

i have exited all trading positions. this cycle has right translated. i think the correction will be short in time , but steep in price. we are oversold on hourly charts. i will wait for divergences. the miners are lagging the metals, i think the miners will ketchup later in the game. (wave 5) . i have no targets @ this point. senor, do you have some targets? its all part of the ebb and flow and w/the metals exaggeration is a big part! its an emotional game. dharma

Edited by dharma, 24 February 2009 - 12:44 PM.

#5 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,970 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:10 PM

BSing away

Senor

NO BS

Senor

i have exited all trading positions. this cycle has right translated. i think the correction will be short in time , but steep in price. we are oversold on hourly charts. i will wait for divergences. the miners are lagging the metals, i think the miners will ketchup later in the game. (wave 5) . i have no targets @ this point. senor, do you have some targets? its all part of the ebb and flow and w/the metals exaggeration is a big part! its an emotional game. dharma

XAU 107-108 minimum? Xau 100 woud be muy bueno.
l
PURE BS

Senor

#6 gvc

gvc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 409 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:57 PM

Any chance all these gaps get filled? Picture0001.jpg

#7 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,970 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:43 PM

Any chance all these gaps get filled?

Picture0001.jpg

Hey amigo in these loco markets anything is possible. Sure would surprise a lot of hombres. I'll be looking hard at the 100 target if it goes there.

NO BS

Senor

#8 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,041 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:55 AM

Good stuff. I want to own gold, but I think it got ahead of the fundamentals. Deflation may be harder to kill than originally thought. I'm confident, however, that they'll find a way to inflate. ;) :lol: :o

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#9 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,970 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:48 AM

Good stuff.

I want to own gold, but I think it got ahead of the fundamentals. Deflation may be harder to kill than originally thought. I'm confident, however, that they'll find a way to inflate. ;)

:lol:

:o

Si amigo, the XAU is muy, muy bullish, and the best buy in years IMO after we correct the rally from October. How low it goes is what is muy importante.

BSing away

Senor

#10 Gold3600

Gold3600

• Traders-Talk User
  • 150 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:59 PM

Senor, are you still long DXO? The Chart looks good to go on stockcharts?