5 hourly waves down in gold and gold stocks

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 07:53 AM

Senor looking for abc rally into 421.50-424 area then another sharp decline towards 405-410 "at least". BS as always. Senor

#2 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 10:39 AM

Hi Senor,

Yes, gold could consolidate here, or it could break to new highs in April. Seasonals are against this, but then no one expected the POG to break up and restest the highs (not true, I actually did).

The more important thing to watch is how gold stocks behave from here on. I expect these ratios to break up soon. That would be a buy.

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$hui:$gold,uu[l,a]daclyyay[dd][pb50!b200][vc60][iub14!la12,26,9]&r=6972.gif

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$xau:$gold,uu[l,a]daclyyay[dd][pb50!b200][vc60][iub14!la12,26,9]&r=6972.gif

cheers,

john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#3 PMILLY

PMILLY

• Traders-Talk User
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 11:35 AM

Hello all, Haven't posted for a while, so I thought I would add my views. I expect the XAU to go down and test the 96 area, although I'm not sure we will break through. If we do, it could have some serious repercussions. I guess 93 would be the next support level after that, but it could possibly be ugly beyond that. I haven't liked the way my daily indicators have looked this entire move up in the past few weeks. I do expect to be a buyer of gold stocks toward the end of this month though. Just some thoughts. Right now I'm looking to short NEM. Pmilly

#4 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 02:14 PM

well, for once it seems I am the only one long gold stocks. how odd, I am usually shorting them. .....nothing better to do so I'll predict,,hmmm 10 -20% surge in gold stocks in the next 2 weeks. Is that too general. I have a near stop...risking about 2-4%....... scott

#5 The_Gold_Miner

The_Gold_Miner

• Traders-Talk User
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 02:22 PM

Thanks for the post Skott, you could be on the right side this time but only time will tell. I'm in cash and s/t bearish so I hope your right, I hate to see the market take anyone's cash.

#6 teki

teki

• Traders-Talk User
  • 707 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 02:32 PM

Skott, I'm with you on the long side. At trendline resistance on a number of the gold stocks in my basket, but so far for the most part prices have been bouncing right where they should. (especially if you adjust the tl!)

#7 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 02:32 PM

I particularly hate to see them take my cash. I am not overconfident on this trade and as always am nervous.... :unsure: scott

#8 The_Gold_Miner

The_Gold_Miner

• Traders-Talk User
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 03:27 PM

Man, that's normal. I feel like that on every trade I make. Controling it is the trick. heheheh

#9 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 03:54 PM

I would be very cautious and use sell stops. xau/hui rallied last two days, matter of fact they been rallying 8 of last 10 days but are only back where they were at early LAST WEEK. (only down were days were Fri. and Mon.) I sold my gold/silver stocks last Wed./Thur. and I believe tomorrow they are heading down again. good luck trading. SC.

#10 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 09:35 AM

thanks, stockbucks. I have noticed that as well, although I use a proprietary system to determine whether gold stocks are up or down on the day, i.e not the xau or hui. any system can be wrong but I think gold stocks will take off quite strongly to the upside within the next week(if they don't crash today). I think alot of people "know" they should be shorting them here and I think a considerable short interest has accumulated. won't take much to cause a cover panic. has anyone come up with a way to determine what the short interest is other than the delayed posting by the exchange?.....funny how they have the edge on these things isn't it? scott