It's topping

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:59 PM

Still hold the juniors and explorers and they have done muy bueno. A big pullback lies ahead in Senor's opinion. PURE BS Senor

#2 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:12 PM

yes, i agree, but from where that is the question?! i still it has a good chance to go higher. 980-1040 was my range and 987 was today, somehow i am not sold on today as the top, we shall see dharma

#3 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:48 PM

I agree. We are in the zone for a multi-week top. However, as dharma says, we could still easily head higher. The point is that if you're a short-term trader of the miners and/or gold, you should be looking to take at least partial profits here. (Of course, I'm not a short-term trader of these items, but rather a long-term investor in them)
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#4 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:42 PM

todays action was encouraging imo

#5 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:03 PM

todays action was encouraging imo

how so? dharma

#6 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:32 PM

i am not nearly as long as i would like to be and my juniors rocked

#7 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:32 AM

yes, i agree, but from where that is the question?! i still it has a good chance to go higher. 980-1040 was my range and 987 was today, somehow i am not sold on today as the top, we shall see
dharma

Dharma,
Wouldn't you consider it kind of bearish at least short term if we didn't make a new gold hi past $1007..(Feb's hi's)..before the turn down?....especially when May is normally a strong month for gold?..I'm just asking your take because I don't really know but I would consider that a sign of bearish divergence..if we are turning now (short term) in gold when bonds yields are showing the signs of higher interest rates (inflationary) and gold isn't breaking it's Feb's hi? I have a turn date now at this time too like you
..which my next turn date is June 19th..plus/minus 3.

Thanks for your insight..I'm looking to get back into slv when this consolidates more.

Irene

#8 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:00 AM

yes, i agree, but from where that is the question?! i still it has a good chance to go higher. 980-1040 was my range and 987 was today, somehow i am not sold on today as the top, we shall see
dharma

No IMO. Mining stocks look cooked and ripe for a 10-20% decline.

Pure BS

Senor

#9 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:10 AM

dharma

Dharma,
Wouldn't you consider it kind of bearish at least short term if we didn't make a new gold hi past $1007..(Feb's hi's)..before the turn down?....especially when May is normally a strong month for gold?..I'm just asking your take because I don't really know but I would consider that a sign of bearish divergence..if we are turning now (short term) in gold when bonds yields are showing the signs of higher interest rates (inflationary) and gold isn't breaking it's Feb's hi? I have a turn date now at this time too like you
..which my next turn date is June 19th..plus/minus 3.

Thanks for your insight..I'm looking to get back into slv when this consolidates more.

Irene

the big round #s are big psychological resistance. fwiw imho i think that we test 1k here and then do as senor suggests. and i consider it constructive look @the inverse h&s pattern.this is a process. keep your ears to the ground. what is going to happen , i think, is a loss of confidence in government, its currency, and who it represents. this all takes time. when i was a child the dollar was as good as gold. we have come a long ways and we still have a long ways to go. this market will end in a parabolic blowoff. until then its backing and filling . 2 steps foward and 1back. i want to have cash for the last bash under 1k. this will end the facade of deflation. we could have never been able to pay off the massive debts anyway. look @germany after ww1. in the end debt is always the killer. for 40 years bankers have devised devices to get the public deep in debt, well they succeeded . 70%of the economy was consumer spending
dharma

#10 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:49 AM

we are topping here and i am using the opportunity to lighten up. will be doing some each day this week until i am where i want to be. looking for a summer buying opportunity. dharma