Caution & nimbleness

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mike

Mike

• Traders-Talk User
  • 389 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 11:33 AM

Steve Saville points out in his newsletter (speculative-investor.com) that while the gold indexes share many of the same technical indicators as previous intermediate term corrections, and therefore suggest a rally from this level, the previous corrections came after general market corrections, not before. This is an interesting point and would suggest caution in adding positions with the expectation of them becoming IT rather than ST positions. A time to be nimble.

3 charts from earlier post

#2 teki

teki

• Traders-Talk User
  • 707 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 11:50 AM

Thanks for the tip. In looking at you charts today, (and I love that these live stockcharts keep updating in these posts) it looks like you dollar and euro channels were hit perfectly, and gold came close, so a bounce here fits well. But I agree that this bounce has to be viewed ST until proven otherwise, and I'll treat my exit strategy accordingly.

#3 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 12:05 PM

sold my gold stocks today bought on this week's lows. Was a planned short term trade, so I am simply taking profits. I have no idea where gold stocks are next going....putting $ to work elsewhere until the dust settles.

#4 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 01:53 PM

:huh: Got out a little early? :lol: :lol:
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#5 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 02:22 PM

:D

#6 Slothrop

Slothrop

• TT Member
  • 625 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 06:14 PM

Mike, he assumes we're "before" a general market correction. Maybe, maybe not.