• 9,071 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:03 AM

there is some shenanigans going on for sure! Dont be fooled folks

#12 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:32 AM

i am trading and when the stocks i am traded closed near their openings i sold. i am back to 1 trading position. the high came 1 day before my cycle top, i cant ignore that. it seems obvious that the fed is not going to do anything , but it will be verbose in expressing that. lets see how this unfolds i will try and be opportunistic until things clear up, maintaining my core no matter what. the back drop for the metals continues to improve. the fed is between a rock and a hard place. and is probably monetizing like crazy. the huge derivative overhang is not going to go away. and the dollar will have rallies which result in lower lows . i am not going anywhere. and i learned a long time ago surprises in bull markets are to the upside. dharma.

#13 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 04:34 PM

man, oh man, this board is dead , gold up 11.5 and it is dead. that is a pretty telling sign i would say. and we are @1015 no less.
dharma

sorry but gauging sentiment by what's going on here is simply a very bad idea. This board is always dead unless you and I stir things up, ridiculously small sample size.

NO BS
Senor

#14 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:32 PM

today, at the close you could feel the winds of change. this will be a back up the truck event. looking late oct/maybe early nov dharma

#15 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:44 PM

today, at the close you could feel the winds of change.
this will be a back up the truck event. looking late oct/maybe early nov
dharma

Are you basing this on cycle work (i.e. 56wk)?

#16 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:47 PM

today, at the close you could feel the winds of change.
this will be a back up the truck event. looking late oct/maybe early nov
dharma

I sure did too, dharma. I know you don't short a bull market, but, I do when I feel the wind at my back. Added to my DZZ today on the dip in the dollar following the Fed announcement. Am now fully loaded.........for bear. :D

Best to you.
Peace
johngeorge

#17 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:08 PM

Something else to consider. 1 year daily chart of the gold to gdx ratio.

Good trading to all.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GOLD:GDX&p=D&yr=1&mn=0&dy=0&i=p99643728463&are=1537.png
Peace
johngeorge

#18 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:23 PM

Good trading to all.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GOLD:GDX&p=D&yr=1&mn=0&dy=0&i=p99643728463&are=1537.png

Argument can be made for Gold stocks being cheap relative to current price of Gold. Prior to last years panic, the HUI traded on average about 1/2 value of Gold. With Gold currently at 1010, the HUI would have to rise over 20% from current levels to get back to those valuations (i.e. ~500). Alternatively, can be interpreted that HUI @ 413 telling us that Gold prices are currently too high. Time will tell. :P

#19 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:37 AM

Good trading to all.

Argument can be made for Gold stocks being cheap relative to current price of Gold. Prior to last years panic, the HUI traded on average about 1/2 value of Gold. With Gold currently at 1010, the HUI would have to rise over 20% from current levels to get back to those valuations (i.e. ~500). Alternatively, can be interpreted that HUI @ 413 telling us that Gold prices are currently too high. Time will tell. :P

the 56 week cycle is due in march
i am referring to a different cycle.
we are on a slippery slope now.
a wave of deflation is going to be front and center
looking for a sign that distribution in the broads is complete
went short the banks again w/the prevailing trend
as for the precious they will correct w/everything else
dharma

#20 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:45 AM

a wave of deflation is going to be front and center
looking for a sign that distribution in the broads is complete

dharma

I believe this is an opportunity to buy muni bond CEF's. Yes, they have performed extremely well this year, however, with deflation and people looking more and more for tax free yield, muni bonds could well be the way to go. Lot's of muni bond funds to choose from here.

Best to you. :)

PS I do like your bank stock short. hmmmmmmm!
Peace
johngeorge