from here on out

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:49 PM

i watch hourly charts when i am looking to buy. we had hourly divergences(9bar wilder rsi) and i bought 10% of my cash and today the divergences were taken out. i am stepping back and will wait . i am looking @150-155xau. but the #s are just guides for me. i will wait for divergences to develop again. i suspect the bottom will come around the bradley.
dharma

trading, buying on the close, looking for a bounce. in strong support
dharma

#32 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:09 PM

i watch hourly charts when i am looking to buy. we had hourly divergences(9bar wilder rsi) and i bought 10% of my cash and today the divergences were taken out. i am stepping back and will wait . i am looking @150-155xau. but the #s are just guides for me. i will wait for divergences to develop again. i suspect the bottom will come around the bradley.
dharma

dharma

IMO we broke support in HUI and XAU, what are you referring to amigo? I have next important support at XAU 141 and HUI 347. Bottom fishing not recommended here.

BSing away

Senor

#33 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:55 PM

dharma

dharma

IMO we broke support in HUI and XAU, what are you referring to amigo? I have next important support at XAU 141 and HUI 347. Bottom fishing not recommended here.

BSing away

Senor

the 80 high in xau was right in this area and is important support. bottom fishing is always not recommended , i trade for my living. and this is my mo. it is an old habit from being a futures trader for a decade. gold itself is within a few dollar of the march high. i do think we @least bounce here for a few days.
http://www.numismast...;ArticleId=8134
then we see. honestly, i dont know if we are in for inflation/or deflation. @present deflation is ruling the day. and if it wins out. gold will go through the roof. depositors @banks will soon see through the farce of fdic. in the great depression folks did not trust banks and kept their money @home. i would expect gold to have a correction in the deflationary scenario

and as i stated i dont know which will win. in either case i think gold will win. and when it does its thing, i will jump ship. 80 was a big teacher
dharma

#34 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:46 AM

went back to 100% long yesterday. its options expiration tomorrow i think we rally for today and tomorrow so i am scooping up some spare change i will sell some trading positions today and tomorrow except for gbg the pennant pattern there is unmistakable dharma

#35 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:16 AM

i am here on this board for 2 purposes 1 do your own work. do your own dd. take control of what you do. right or wrong . learn from what you do. invest in yourself 2. study bull markets. no matter what the name, they all end the same way. they take time to develop . but their endings are the same this gold bull will be no different. and even though it will seem like perfect sense to own gold, it will way overshoot its intrinsic value. so jump ship when its in the parabolic. this is a big opportunity here. it can and will change your situation. these opportunities dont come about every day. so be wise, use your time to study. all around you is noise. tune it out. i read 2 books when i started the battle for investment survival -gerald loeb reminiscences of a stock operator edwin lefevre and then i went from there. let your nature guide you dharma

Edited by dharma, 29 October 2009 - 11:17 AM.

#36 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:31 PM

sold some on the close! dharma

#37 rooster

rooster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:42 PM

i am here on this board for 2 purposes
1 do your own work. do your own dd. take control of what you do. right or wrong . learn from what you do. invest in yourself
2. study bull markets. no matter what the name, they all end the same way. they take time to develop . but their endings are the same
this gold bull will be no different. and even though it will seem like perfect sense to own gold, it will way overshoot its intrinsic value. so jump ship when its in the parabolic.
this is a big opportunity here. it can and will change your situation. these opportunities dont come about every day. so be wise, use your time to study.
all around you is noise. tune it out. i read 2 books when i started
the battle for investment survival -gerald loeb
reminiscences of a stock operator edwin lefevre
and then i went from there. let your nature guide you
dharma

Thanks Dharma for the book suggestions. I'm in the very early stages of trying to learn how to invest for myself.

#38 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:17 AM

out of all trades , but one. moved gbg and chpgf to permanent portfolio. looking for a low the 9th or 20th dharma

#39 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:23 AM

on the yearly chat, we continue to make higher highs and higher lows. quite a bullish set up. and it looks like the 9yrcycle low was last year dharma

#40 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:37 AM

7 trading lessons from jesse
http://www.minyanvil...s/index/a/25187
dharma