A bearish Gold take

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:51 AM

Worth a look, this is a valid possibility. may not happen but should be considered. If one believes the stock market might be ending a bear market rally this count in Senor's opinion needs to be evaluated.

http://www.kitco.com.../nov052009.html

NO BS

Senor

Now, that would be good permabull medicine!! I am on this count...as the buck heads to 92+....

GS.

Hola GS, a part of me muy mucho wants this possible count to be the right one as it would eventually represent the buy of the century IMHO. One needs to ask whether gold is leading the XAU and silver which keep not confirming on a grande scale, or is gold on its last legs? Senor has no bueno answers for now but mucho questions, only have a few juniors and 90% in cash. So many bulls and bullish commercials and such make Senor muy nervous, a good time to be careful.

Bsing away

Senor

Senor, also the commercial interests (as in COT's) are short. Commercials bullish, "commercials" bearish, a sure way to make money in a bearish way.

It is pretty much a guarantee gold is heading down here. A "non brainer".
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#12 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:56 AM

If one believes the stock market might be ending a bear market rally this count in Senor's opinion needs to be evaluated.

Senor

Maybe gold rallies BECAUSE the stock market bear market rally is ending.

Now that the 10-year cycle has peaked, fear will become the dominant emotion in the financial marketplace in the years ahead. Risk aversion is on the rise since the credit crisis and investors must look to those assets which tend to benefit from fear. Gold is of course the chief beneficiary of fear and has the added feature of being a hedge against a hyper-deflationary environment. Hyper deflation will be the order of the day in 2012-2014 when the final leg of the 60-year cycle descends.

Many observers share the opinion that the latest move to new highs in the gold price is a premonition of a coming inflation. The more likely explanation is that gold’s rally is a sign of fear over continued deflation in the financial sector, especially now that the 10-year cycle has peaked. Remember our discussion from September when we looked back and saw how the gold price spiked in dramatic fashion in the fall of 1999 at the previous 10-year peak? This occurred simultaneously with a decline in the broad equities market as measured by the S&P.

http://www.clifdroke...909/110909.html
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#13 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:07 PM

Senor:

What's the bullish count here? What if this count you have linked to does not materialize?

IT

Grande Tres wave norte, 1500 on the way. Senor is not saying the B wave is the right one, only that it merits consideration.

BSing away

Senor

yup! guys who see that count have missed the move. and will continue to wait for lollipops and rainbows. prechter is bullish on the dollar, that should be your 1st clue! the us fed is stuck between rising unemployment and tenuous biz conditions. and on the other side the feds counterparts are ready to give rates a nudge. sure the dollar will rally, and until other wise 80 was big support and will serve as the ceiling.
i do think when 1of 3 finishes, we will have a larger correction. it remains to be seen how fast the far east jettisons its dollars for gold and @what price . india and sri lanka were willing to pay 1045 for 2000 tonnes. that is quite a statement in this small sector. the world around us is making statements and we can avoid recognizing them and miss the move. and i am quite certain most will miss it and or not be able to sit on its back! its the way it is . big names, famous traders, got out @425 in 79 too high too fast, its going to correct. i had 3 accountsw/sinclair and he got me out @425-thats fact! no bull! the fact is the major cycle bottomed last year oct. i sold 15% on friday , i am trading. and if i miss this 15%its all i am going to miss. i am a tick on this bulls back! and i will sit until we are well into the parabolic. it may be , and i am open to this possibility that the shares will not perform as well as the metal. i never thought silver would keep pace w/gold and i have stated a # of times on another board. no central bank holds silver.
so, this may be a bull in gold the metal and the miners may get dragged along to a certain extant. for sure we are having cb participation in this market. and it would not surprise me to see spain , greece, and portugal part w/some of theirs. these countries are strapped for cash and their economic blunders are putting them in the poor house. the world is shifting and it is happening quite rapidly. look @ireland and iceland! any way , i do my own work and draw my own conclusions. and i say . i ride , until way into the parabolic. jesse said he made the most by sitting. and sit i will
dharma
finishing 1of 3 here or thereabouts and then 3 of 3.

Amigo, we all have to deal with how we see things and what risks we want to take, kudos to you for your correct bullish stance. I prefer the juniors I hold as I believe they will far outperform the senior gold's if prices rally norte to 1500. Therefore I keep some long exposure but have 80-85% in cash. I will participate bueno if we keep going norte, but will avoid a catastrophe if the grande surprise is south of the border.

NO BS

Senor

#14 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:35 PM

The high for the year for PMs this week? It would not surprise me. Several things I look at suggest to be really careful from here on out. cheers, john

Edited by SilentOne, 09 November 2009 - 03:40 PM.

"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#15 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:44 PM

The high for the year for PMs this week? It would not surprise me. Several things I look at suggest to be really careful from here on out.

cheers,

john

I agree amigo, whether bullish or bearish a bueno time to consider all possibilities.

BSing away

Senor

#16 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:12 PM

The high for the year for PMs this week? It would not surprise me. Several things I look at suggest to be really careful from here on out.

cheers,

john

Care to elaborate?

#17 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:58 AM

this is an intriguing count. However, doesn't Rosen have a bloody awful record? p.s. I don't know why I turned British all the sudden

Edited by skott, 11 November 2009 - 11:12 AM.

#18 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:28 PM

intriguing counts have kept Prechter out of the gold bull for how many years???

#19 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:09 AM

Jesse comitted suicide in the end.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/