SPX

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:04 AM

Short SPX 1105 via ETFs. Stop 1114 If there is no strong follow through, i may cover before my stops are hit. That will be just another day in the life of a bear. What's new there ? :lol:

Edited by NAV, 18 November 2009 - 10:09 AM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 porsche911sg

porsche911sg

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:09 AM

Short SPX 1105 via ETFs. Stop 1111.5.

If there is no strong follow through, i may cover before my stops are hit. That will be just another day in the life of a bear. What's new there ? :lol:

Big bear resting over here buddy... No stops on my shorts... Shorted the es from 1101 to 1111... on monday as posted.... holding on for two weeks till end of month.
The market catches almost everyone on the wrong side. We always seem to get fake break out before that huge dump or the hugh dump before the false break down! Trade Safe!

#3 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:16 AM

interesting, its trying to sell off today with the dollar down pretty good. Hourly on SPX looks like crap with a nasty bear divergence...holding existing positions.

#4 SuperSwing

SuperSwing

• Traders-Talk User
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:21 AM

Tommy, would it be ok if I can take a look at your hourly chart? I don't see the "nasty" bear divergence on my chart but would love to learn your methodology, if that's not too much trouble. :)

interesting, its trying to sell off today with the dollar down pretty good. Hourly on SPX looks like crap with a nasty bear divergence...holding existing positions.

Patience is a virtue. Wait for your opportunity and pounce.

#5 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:25 AM

I would say this is the last chance for the bears. If the bears blow it this time and the A/D line makes new recovery highs, then i will be moving to the buy-the-dips camp.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#6 porsche911sg

porsche911sg

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:29 AM

I would say this is the last chance for the bears. If the bears blow it this time and the A/D line makes new recovery highs, then i will be moving to the buy-the-dips camp.

No Nav, hey don't change camp!! I think the big down is really coming right away. Hang on for another two weeks don't stop out anything!
The market catches almost everyone on the wrong side. We always seem to get fake break out before that huge dump or the hugh dump before the false break down! Trade Safe!

#7 SuperSwing

SuperSwing

• Traders-Talk User
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:34 AM

So far, it's hanging on the bottom of the trend line from March low. Bear tease?
Patience is a virtue. Wait for your opportunity and pounce.

#8 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:54 AM

1115 stop for me, as against daily trend. The expo glue feels like its there, but gotta take em when they are there.:

Edited by tommyt, 18 November 2009 - 11:02 AM.

#9 andiron

andiron

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:34 AM

OPEX week most likely humdrumm..sell off may begin next wk

#10 porsche911sg

porsche911sg

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:39 AM

OPEX week most likely humdrumm..sell off may begin next wk

Gotta feel the sell of has began since I posted my shorts on monday. I am 100% short.