Hourly Gold
Bullish Spring Setup....

Posted Image

#52 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:02 PM

you are persistent: one of these days we may get a low....

Have to throw the jab a few times at key support , which is where XAU and HUI are now. if you don't try to buy a C wave that maybe is bottoming right at 200 day moving averages then when else?

BSing away

Senor

#53 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:26 PM

Have to throw the jab a few times at key support , which is where XAU and HUI are now. if you don't try to buy a C wave that maybe is bottoming right at 200 day moving averages then when else?

BSing away

Senor

I added another 1K GDXJ as well today. Done buying...locked & loaded.
Willing to take drawdown at these extreme levels.
I am patient, kid doesn't go to college for another 16 years :lol: .
They're flushing out the weak hands nicely.

#54 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:37 PM

dougie

You are persistent as well. :D However, perhaps for reasons other than those of Senor BS and JGUITARSLIM, I think we could be at support or very close. My pinned GDX chart shows support @ $41 to $42. Of course, if it breaks that decisively then down down we go. Looks to me like there is a good trade in here.

Best to you.

Peace
johngeorge

#55 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:20 PM

Dougie it is interesting to Senor you say this, I have been "persistently ambivalent" and in cash for weeks and weeks waiting for a correction to buy, and finally I have a reason to take a few tries at the long side with tight stops and you seem to suggest I have been trying to pick a low for a long time? (Senor scratching head :wacko: )
Many have ridden this beast all the way down, different strokes I guess.

NO BS

Senor

#56 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:35 AM

senor, i assure you it was in jest. you have been trading in and out with agility is all

#57 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:36 AM

senor, i assure you it was in jest. you have been trading in and out with agility is all

is cool. Senor was not upset, just scratching his head. Gracias for reply.

NO BS

Senor

#58 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:01 PM

Out of gdxj on break of yesterday's low, small loss and flat. BSing away Senor

#59 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:27 PM

nimble bear posted this on ff Gary Savage says: "The simple fact is that the strategies with the largest reward almost always have the largest drawdowns. If you want to make the big money you have to adjust your thinking. I can tell you that you are never going to get rich by day trading the market. You might make a living but you are never going to be the next Warren Buffett, George Soros, or Jim Rogers." Most investors have such short little attention spans they never see the forest from the trees. It's exactly this preoccupation with the immediate that prevents the vast majority of people from making any money in the stock market much less get rich. Patience my friends is a priceless commodity in this business. One that is in very short supply in the retail community. Thank you Gary. Amen to your wisdom. nb yes, there are large drawdowns i am not posting all my trades here anymore. but i am buying select juniors. patience in this game oversold, do we get a dead cat or resumption of the trend dharma

#60 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:12 PM

true but gary bought the recent top with a vengeance, going long with margin