• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:54 PM

Well you know what this is about. The terribly named Ipad will be the next in a series of flops of companies trying to produce "tablets." there are only so many "wins" and homeruns a company can have with products, as Ego and greed can only supercede luck and being in the right place at the right time, so may times before you strike out. to be sure, Im not saying the Ipad wont have its followers, but its highly overhyped, and really serves little useful purpose other than the initial COOl factor of a typical Apple product. The problem as you will come to see, is that Humans have already stretched beyond the current limits of attention deficit disorder, using Blackberries, Ipods, Iphones, and Computers as appendages to their already out of shape bodies. Texting while driving and skyrocketing accident rates, is only one symptom of a far larger problem: people have become disconnected with reality and those around them so much that society is already showing very strong signs of massive breakdown. We lose ourselves in video games, the internet, surfing, texting, and have become so disconnected from our surroundings, that the big picture world news, and celebrity type happenings, and Tweets, have become more important than life itself, to the tune of parents ignoring the needsof their kids, and kids likewise relying on the internet to learn what they need to be learning from their parents. Is this bad ? maybe not. But when you have so many kids who can no longer tell right from wrong, flip off their parents constantly, and just generally obliterate most rules of a civilized society, you absolutely know the biggest change has come from being "wired". facebook, youtube, so many new ways of getting "out there" and yet disconnected from developing real relationships with those around you, and trusting someone you read on the internet more than you do your closest friends, relatives, and even parents, the more technology that is introduced like this, the less chance our society as a whole has to keep on developing together in a United path as a human race. Being Human. I'm not against technology. But I truly see a day, when we will become so beholden to it, that we will not be able to subsist in any meaningful way, just as we need water and air and food. if you think that is a good thing, then thats your right. The de-personalization that now permeates our lives to me is one of the underlying factors that are part of the problems we face today: a congress that can't agree on anything, a President who got elected into office that is highly incompetent and does not know how to lead, terrorists who can attack our systems and infrastructure without ever laying foot in our country, unemployed who spend hours behind a computer searching for jobs rather than getting out and meeting people face to face, which causes far longer unemployment, fraud perpetrated by folks who can scam your ID from the internet and run up massive charges and ruin your credit forever, super fast financial trading that can front run bids, and allow players to manipulate the market, banks whose records can be stolen and accounts frozen in the blink of an eye, trading that can be done by the masses in seconds which could arguably lead to a complete market meltdown in fact even using Iphones to execute trades based on a mere rumor flitted over the internet instantenouesly, people who get distracted while driving and cause accidents whether it be from a GPS, Phone, DVD, or Ipod, and so forth and so on. Personally, I think people's brains on are frequent overload with all this new technology, and thats one of the reasons why we have such a massively high rate of use of prescription drugs, namely anti-depressants, and anti-anxiety medications, and so many other disorders that have cropped up just in the last decade. And lastly, any device that promotes LESS physical activity than we now already dont do, as the fattest nation on earth, simply is not in my opinion long for any sustainable success. Maybe people will flcok to it in droves. But I consider it a Flop before its even launched, as it does nothing to promote core health, relationships, and everything that leads to a REAL life, and real connection to each other. Mnay have lost their way, and purpose in life. This is just one more distraction from staying on a true course. Not one that is false and unhealthy for the long run.
OTIS.