Index Trends 4/26/04

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Porter

Porter

• TT Member+
  • 973 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 06:41 AM

Monthly Trend Value 8 (trending up) Weekly Trend Value -2 (trading range) Daily Trend Value 1 (mixed) 45-min Trend Value 1 (trading range) Turtle Trend (LT) 1 (mixed) SPM Trend ..........Q......M.....W.....D.....45' SPM....U......U......D.....D......D Value..2......2......-1......-2......-1 ------------ SHORT TERM TRENDS Opening Range Trend Daily--Neutral Weekly--Neutral Monthly--Down Globex 45-min Trend Questionable 135-min Trend Questionable ------------- Keltner Band Trend 10-day Neutral 7-day Neutral 2-day Down ----------- Moving Average Trend Mason-Dixon (NDX 200H) Up Gator (SPX 13D+8) Up Mallory (NYA 49D) Neutral SB (SPX 75D) Neutral Chandelier Trend Zweig (MID5%) Up Stox (NAZ9%) Up Junk (ML1%) Up --------------- Intermediate Momentum Indicators NY ITBM Down NY 10D NH% Down ND 10D DEAD Down ND BP RSI Down NY Vol McSum Down ND Vol McSum Up Comments Friday's spoos low was sprung. The Weekly trend is in a Trading Range. Key Reversal day. Most momentum indicators have turned down. Porter

#2 jmicou

jmicou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 07:01 AM

Would you mind further elaborating on your comments? How do you view the market at this juncture? Thanks, jmicou

#3 Porter

Porter

• TT Member+
  • 973 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 05:43 AM

Would you mind further elaborating on your comments? How do you view the market at this juncture?

The Monthly trend is Up.
Therefore it is likely that this trading range will resolve to the upside.

But with the Weekly and Daily trends being Down, it seems likely to me that the April low at 1114/SPM will be tested before that happens.
If price slashes through 1114, then the Monthly trend will likely turn down, and the Cyclical bull is over.
I don't expect that to happen.

Porter

#4 jmicou

jmicou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 01:39 PM

Thank you. I regard your opinion highly.