gold on its way to new forever highs

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#11 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:33 AM

frankly, the market doesnt care what i like or dont like. before this leg is finished gold will see new forever highs traderama- i dont have the time to repeat myself. believe me , i get tired of hearing myself. it seems to me i repeat my self ad nauseum! take a look @my past posts its all there. yes-heliocentric mercury in sag till the 17th is bullish for gold, bearish for stocks. after this cycle ends(2/3s june). gold will undergo a correction dharma

Edited by dharma, 07 May 2010 - 10:34 AM.

#12 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:44 AM

gold may be soaring but the Juniors are tanking: this divergence usually doesnt resolve in a good direction imo

#13 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:21 PM

gold may be soaring but the Juniors are tanking: this divergence usually doesnt resolve in a good direction imo

this is true!
but in spite of yesterdays big decline in the broads, the miners held up fairly well, yes they were down, but not that much
the miners i am looking @are showing bottoming patterns here.
i think the jury is still out.
1213 is my next resistance , then 1229
dharma

Edited by dharma, 07 May 2010 - 12:24 PM.

#14 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:28 PM

frankly, the market doesnt care what i like or dont like. before this leg is finished gold will see new forever highs
traderama- i dont have the time to repeat myself. believe me , i get tired of hearing myself. it seems to me i repeat my self ad nauseum!
take a look @my past posts its all there.
yes-heliocentric mercury in sag till the 17th is bullish for gold, bearish for stocks. after this cycle ends(2/3s june). gold will undergo a correction
dharma

Gold will never again trade below wednesday's low of 1160.
Never.
Momentum, volume, fundamentals, media interest, 8 yr cycle, etc.
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#15 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:22 PM

dharma: if you have time would you show us an example of botming you like?

#16 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:25 PM

this better turn right soon or ....
http://stockcharts.c...a...7&listNum=7

#17 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:34 PM

frankly, the market doesnt care what i like or dont like. before this leg is finished gold will see new forever highs
traderama- i dont have the time to repeat myself. believe me , i get tired of hearing myself. it seems to me i repeat my self ad nauseum!
take a look @my past posts its all there.
yes-heliocentric mercury in sag till the 17th is bullish for gold, bearish for stocks. after this cycle ends(2/3s june). gold will undergo a correction
dharma

Gold will never again trade below wednesday's low of 1160.
Never.
Momentum, volume, fundamentals, media interest, 8 yr cycle, etc.

i hope that you are correct,
but i doubt it
dharma

#18 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:37 PM

Posted Image

#19 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:14 PM

Posted Image

Nice observation JGS
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#20 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:51 AM

Posted Image

Can you spell P-A-R-A-B-O-L-I-C

Niall Ferguson:

The first will be a Greek default. It's simply not credible that the government will be able to deliver such severe fiscal tightening at a time of deep recession. Even if everything were to go according to plan, the debt would peak at 150 percent of GDP, with a crippling 7.5 percent of GDP going on interest payments. Greece manifestly lacks the political will to do this. Prediction: the government of George Papandreou will fall and its successor will inflict a 30 percent "haircut" on holders of Greek bonds.

The next act will be even more dramatic. For what makes the crisis in tiny Greece so serious is the contagion effect—the realization among investors that if this can happen to Greek bonds, it can happen to other bonds, too. A scan of the data reveals two other euro-zone countries with bloated debts (Italy and Belgium) and another two with Greek-style overreliance on foreign lending (Portugal and Spain).

Last week the rating agency Moody's placed Portugal's long-term government bond Aa2 rating on review for a possible downgrade. And as Spain sold five-year bonds paying 3.5 percent—compared with a yield of 2.8 percent two months ago—rumors swirled that Madrid was seeking a bailout even bigger than Greece's.

Nor is this the only way the Greek crisis can spread like a virus throughout the European economy. Their balance sheets stuffed full of dodgy government bonds, the Greek banks are heading into Lehman Brothers territory. For neighboring countries like Bulgaria and Romania, which rely heavily on Greek banks for funding, that spells a credit crunch.

Even more alarming is the exposure of other EU banks to Greek debt, which totals $193 billion, according to the Bank for International Settlements. Factor in the risk of copycat crises in Portugal and Spain, and you begin to see the outlines of a disastrous Europewide banking crisis. The only way out of that will be further compromises by the ECB about the paper it accepts as collateral. Already last week it waived its rules, continuing to hold Greek bonds, despite their junk status. If this continues, there is only one way for the euro to go, and that's down.

http://www.newsweek....d/237645/page/2
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.