53 replies to this topic

#41 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:42 PM

Fantastic call Dharma...
:clap:

thanks jgu and dougie, i would love to hear more opinions on how to invest money in this environment
i am thinking that the dogs and cats are going to run before this tops.
dharma

I'm sitting on 7 juniors ( & picked up some RJA yesterday for LT). Two of them silvers.
Wondering if action in gold vs the miners will eventually end like 1980? Miners topping well after bullion.
Working off premise that junior explorers often do much better than producers in a bull market.
But what the hell do I know?

Edited by JGUITARSLIM, 11 May 2010 - 02:50 PM.

#42 Ken

Ken

• Traders-Talk User
  • 160 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:52 PM

gold approaching new forever highs and the board is dead?
can we say anything about that?
dharma

I'm fully long but I am sitting in front of my screen in awe and wondering when to take some profits on a short-term basis. Even Jim Sinclair recommends selling 1/3 into strength and buying again during periods of weakness.

dharma, I have to say you certainly have an uncanny ability to call this gold market. If gold is already at new highs now I wonder how high it'll go if you're correct in your June 20th date for even newer highs.

#43 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:42 PM

dharma I am now 50/50 physical and miners. Thanks always for your great contributions to this board. :cheer: :clap: :cheer: Best to you.
Peace
johngeorge

#44 InvestingFreak

InvestingFreak

• Traders-Talk User
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:46 PM

alrighty so when will those darn printers break down and gold begin to go down? :P
"I hate weekends because there is no stock market." -Investing Freak

#45 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:00 PM

thanks dougie,
cant remember if it was jgu or stu baby
but i appreciate stewart thompson
http://www.321gold.c...n_s_051110.html
dharma
strategy how do you folks divide your money
all my assets are in physical(1/3) miners (2/3)
starting to deliberate!?
dharma

dharma:

Sounds about right to me. I have ranged from 20 to 40% over the past 8 years. Below is a short presentation I created for one of my clients that wanted to up his physical to 50%:

Gold_vs_Miners_1.jpg

Gold_vs_Miners_2.jpg

Gold_vs_Miners_3.jpg

Gold_vs_Miners_4.jpg

stubaby

#46 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:15 PM

Stubaby...Thanks for sharing that presentation.
BTW...How about the move in Wesdome over last few days!

Posted Image

Edited by JGUITARSLIM, 11 May 2010 - 09:22 PM.

#47 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:13 AM

thanks to all of you here for the great thoughts - i did take about a third off at what i thought was a double top at 1220, so a little sorry today, but i am a tad wary at this stage.
best,
klh

#48 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:30 AM

thanks stubaby, loved your presentation! i love it, folks are worried about making too much money. we are in 3of 3 (and i think 1of 3)so run it will , if you are concerned you can always set stop loses moving them up w/the market. anyway, everyone has to pick his/her own poison. armstrong On March 23, 2009 he wrote in "Destroying Capital Formation": "The next technical barrier will be slightly above the current high, forming at the 110 and 1200 area. Once we begin to see gold close above the 1200 level, then we should start to see the Phase Transition type move that will carry it upward to about $2,500. It is still entirely possible for gold to even reach $5.000. That is the extreme projection that would signal serious decline in public confidence in government as a whole. Reaching $2.500, is a normal stage of market development. This is still not the end of the world."" dharma just for fun my # is 5865 and has been we are in a bit of a run. right on cue. recognition. hourly charts, if they hold, are showing hourly divergences. i have lots more time left to this cycle. so, i am eager to get off margin, but i think we have significantly more to go on this wave. 1229 busted into a new cycle 1245 next up, which we hit in the overnight session, then 1261. ride the trend.

Edited by dharma, 12 May 2010 - 09:32 AM.

#49 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:58 AM

folks i am getting phone calls from folks i got into to gold @much lower levels wanting to sell here and now! what does that tell you? dharma

#50 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:19 AM

folks i am getting phone calls from folks i got into to gold @much lower levels wanting to sell here and now!
what does that tell you?
dharma

Ride-Em Cowboy!

stubaby