the battle

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:00 AM

i am 13% in cash, as the highs still occurred on my date. i am having sellers remorse! but i have to follow my system. i do not feel these are the highs for 10. dharma

#62 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,052 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:23 AM

looks to me like this am was a top of some sort: divergences in place

#63 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:51 PM

dharma/dougie: Breakout day tomorrow on the miners - one last "shakedown" today looks to be failing, but accomplishing it's purpose in removing the "weak hands". Just a feeling based on sentiment & technicals. stubaby

#64 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:25 PM

dharma/dougie:

Breakout day tomorrow on the miners - one last "shakedown" today looks to be failing, but accomplishing it's purpose in removing the "weak hands". Just a feeling based on sentiment & technicals.

stubaby

stubaby, if this was a normal cyclical top, and i have every reason to believe that it was. more time needs to elapse until an assault on the highs takes place, just my 2c. also seasonally this is not a strong period for gold http://www.seasonalc...ssics_gold.html
dharma

#65 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:49 PM

dharma/dougie:

Breakout day tomorrow on the miners - one last "shakedown" today looks to be failing, but accomplishing it's purpose in removing the "weak hands". Just a feeling based on sentiment & technicals.

stubaby

stubaby, if this was a normal cyclical top, and i have every reason to believe that it was. more time needs to elapse until an assault on the highs takes place, just my 2c. also seasonally this is not a strong period for gold http://www.seasonalc...ssics_gold.html
dharma

dharma:

All this is known - and IMHO the "market" wants to catch the most people leaning the wrong way! Not to say your coming off margin last week was the wrong move (I NEVER use margin) and I am at an overall lower level invested than you (about 65% as of today) and I do use stops.

Time will tell and it should be an interesting summer!

stubaby

#66 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:49 AM

the pivot is 1225 , the last low on volume. break that and the correction has started. when i see signs of a bottom, i will step up to the plate. however, normally corrections are longer than a couple of weeks. dharma

#67 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,052 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:20 PM

held: a fake out...?

#68 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:40 AM

there are few times, if any, when the broad market is crashing and the miners are not under pressure. the bradley has the bottom on august 8th, yes the bradley is like everything else, it is not always right. but i also dont see signs of the bottom right here, so i will redeploy my cash when i feel the situation is warranted dharma

#69 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:30 AM

i will start a new thread when i think the bottom is in. after cyclical tops in gold , the market goes through a correction and they are never short also, i think the broads will be under pressures until sometime around the bradley low in august. not good for miners. i am in buying mode, but not yet. the top callers for gold, dont know what they are talking about. all bull markets end w/a parabolic blowoff. which is still a distance away. i am in gold until it does so, this is not a religion for me, its a trade. 1229 is the end of price cycle and the last low was 1225, break that and its a larger correction and frankly the charts of the miners are telling me that will be the case. dharma i will try and post when i turn into buy mode and start that new thread

Edited by dharma, 01 July 2010 - 09:31 AM.

#70 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:41 PM

i will start a new thread when i think the bottom is in.
after cyclical tops in gold , the market goes through a correction and they are never short
also, i think the broads will be under pressures until sometime around the bradley low in august.
not good for miners. i am in buying mode, but not yet. the top callers for gold, dont know what
they are talking about. all bull markets end w/a parabolic blowoff. which is still a distance away.
i am in gold until it does so, this is not a religion for me, its a trade.
1229 is the end of price cycle
and the last low was 1225, break that and its a larger correction
and frankly the charts of the miners are telling me that will be the case.
dharma
i will try and post when i turn into buy mode and start that new thread

Thanks dharma. :)

Best to you.
Peace
johngeorge