Posted Image

#13 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:47 AM

anyone notice wheat?
dharma

Merriman has it in a 1-3 yr bull market now. Zorro's been commenting on it too. I dont play wheat in the futures but I did buy 1 1/2 yr supply of hard and soft wheat for my flour making...making my own breads, etc..(wheat lasts forever when properly stored and is very healthy this way).and accumulating freezed dried fruits and veggies..plus what I do on my own with dehydration...hey, it's a savings plan you can bank on..LOL!..I feel strongly we are headed for tough times with the food supply..no end of the world stuff..but just the fact the population is growing and we are getting more and more severe wheather..droughts..crops destroyed..infestations with insects....also, it's been discussed before about the food supply in general..one thing I do know there is a handful of people that control our food supply and that's scary..especially when it comes to seeds...read a good article about that...My thinking is I'm preparing for retirement within 3 yrs and if I'm wrong..well, then I'll wont have to worry about groceries for a while.. :D

TM
Just one article on Monsanto's control over seeds..there are many out there..among my own research locally..And yes, I'm buying non hybrid seeds too and storing them for the future as we plan on growing our own veggies and fruit
http://www.huffingto...e_n_390354.html
Just one article on food shortage concerns in 2007 NY Times

http://www.nytimes.c...17iht-food.html

I'd rather be prepared than not if it ends up being true

#14 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:23 PM

anyone notice wheat?
dharma

Yup! It's been on a "tare". I just made a bundle on GRU. Sold out my position and will reload after the correction.

Best to you.
Peace
johngeorge