Gold Trends

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Porter

Porter

• TT Member+
  • 973 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 11:09 AM

The Monthly trend for the XAU and the HUI has turned down. The Monthly trend for the Gold futures (GC04M) has not turned down yet, but the odds are 3:1 that it will turn down. Porter

#2 Mike

Mike

• Traders-Talk User
  • 389 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 11:16 AM

While the monthly charts are turning down, the weeklly is very oversold and ripe for a substantial rebound. Be nimble...
http://stockcharts.c...29993838,Y].gif

#3 The_Gold_Miner

The_Gold_Miner

• Traders-Talk User
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 12:04 PM

I agree Mike, lots of bears yelling and screaming. The bulls are dropping off and the message boards are gloom and doom on the XAU... A contrarian would be looking for an entry in the near future.

#4 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 01:29 PM

are you looking for xau 75 as the stopping point? I think things still look bearish but the next few days will tell the tale. scott

#5 Mike

Mike

• Traders-Talk User
  • 389 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 01:54 PM

Trendline looks like a good target. Disturbing today is that individual stock volume is near normal. No washout yet.

#6 TomD

TomD

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 10:37 PM

Posted Image

Caution is required.

More gold charts on different time scales
Health Canada has just released a study which shows that 100% of the population who have been exposed to whole milk products will die.

#7 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 11:09 PM

thanks for the nice charts. wish there was some good news there but it is sparse. wish i was on the sidelines watching.

#8 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 12:04 AM

dougie, I feel your pain. I exited my last gold trade a few weeks ago with nearly a 3% loss. I can't tell you how much I hate a 3% loss but I knew I was wrong and I had to exit. Taking that hated loss has saved me from having what would now be a 25% loss! we may get a bounce and it could be a good one but I will be looking for good shorting opportunities. ......on this last rise I had hoped we would reach 42 on nem so i could short it but we never even got close. scott

#9 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 09:29 PM

Tom D : nice charts, solid comments and noce political analysis! Thanks. now could you throw us gold bulls a bone!