Photo

While checking 'NYMEX' site i found this..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 VermeerUK

VermeerUK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 747 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 07:33 AM

Just found this on 'NYMEX' website(dated 12th may 2004)

I don't trade the 'options' markets...But i do trade the 'futures' markets.

Will you guys/gals who know the markets well please post on whether this will have positive/negative effects for the overall medium /longterm 'Gold/Silver' markets(i.e,futures/options and cash markets).

Many thanks if you can help out....>>>Article with 'url' below

Regards.V

NEW YORK, N.Y., May 12, 2004 — The New York Mercantile Exchange, Inc., will expand the listing of gold and silver options contracts out to 60 months from the current 24 months, beginning May 26.

Trading will be extended in gold options on a June/December cycle, adding contracts for June and December 2006, June and December 2007, and June and December 2008.

Silver options trading will be extended on a July/December cycle, with contracts added for July and December 2006, July and December 2007, and July and December 2008.

This contract listing was originally scheduled for February 26, but postponed for technical reasons.

Exchange President J. Robert Collins, Jr., said, "By expanding the availability of gold and silver options contracts to match the available long-dated futures contracts for these key precious metals, the Exchange will make available additional opportunities for risk management and investment in these markets. Trading activity in the gold and silver futures and options markets continues to be strong this year after record performance on our COMEX Division in 2003, as market participants increasingly look to the Exchange for liquidity, market transparency, and protection from counterparty credit risk."

http://www.nymex.com...?id=pr20040512a

#2 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 08:15 AM

Might increase volitility some, but IMHO wont have much effect after amonth or two. mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#3 VermeerUK

VermeerUK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 747 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 11:03 AM

Thanks for reply 'mss' My thinking was/is could these 'options' changes make so-called 'manipulation' of the PM markets better or worse. To be honest i'm not a great believer in such things as the 'PPT' or 'The Matrix'. I can't be 110% sure these manipulators exist......They just sound like internet 'Urban Myths'(to me anyway,and it doesn't seem effect my trading one way or t'other) Regards & Be lucky...........V