Since I can't post charts now........

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PIK.

PIK.

• TT Member+
  • 837 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 05:57 PM

heres some news...... Coeur d'Alene Mines proposes $1.8B buy of Wheaton River (WHT, CDE) By Myra P. Saefong SAN FRANCISCO (CBS.MW) -- Coeur d'Alene Mines (CDE) said late Thursday that it's offered to buy Wheaton River Minerals Ltd. (WHT) in a stock-and-cash transaction valued at about $1.8 billion, or $3.28 per Wheaton share. Idaho-based Coeur said the offer represents a 14 percent premium to Vancouver-based Wheaton River's Thursday stock closing price. The combination of the two companies would create the fourth-largest North American perecious metals company, and raise Coeur's primary silver production by 45 percent, Coeur said. Ahead of the news, shares of Coeur shares closed at $5.06, up 3 cents. Wheaton's stock closed up 6 cents at $2.92.
Trade based on what you see happening, not what someone else thinks or hopes will happen.

#2 The_Gold_Miner

The_Gold_Miner

• Traders-Talk User
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 09:34 PM

I would have thought that news like that would have sent WHT higher. <_<

#3 no_mind

no_mind

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 12:23 AM

I would have thought that news like that would have sent WHT higher.

The news came out long after the close, but in after-hours trading it was up .28 to 3.20 (9.59%).

#4 Guest_101001000_*

Guest_101001000_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2004 - 11:57 AM

Can someone tell me why WHT is only up .01 today? Also what is the ratio of buyout from CDE in terms of stock and cash? Thanks :)