Fraud on eBay

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ageka_*

Guest_ageka_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2004 - 06:05 AM

I bought and paid for 60 silver eagles on ebay from e-temptations in a buy it now auction Spiros Gaspari I never received the eagles I filed fraud with ebay, IFCC, Postal , honest trade and the local police At least 7 others were defrauded and are in contact with me If you are defrauded too join us AGK

#2 Hawk

Hawk

• Traders-Talk User
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 08:34 AM

This seller has a poor feedback file imo...always check the feedback file on your sellers...mine is a perfect 100% (first half as a seller)...when I buy on ebay I try to only buy from sellers with a rating of 99.8% or better...here is a link to my current auctions if you'd like to buy some quality coins on ebay from a reputable seller (me)...this is all I will be listing until next year...if you can't find me this way just type in my ebay user ID...highlandhawker...hope this is ok to post this...mainly want to point out that there are honest sellers on ebay too...
http://cgi6.ebay.com...0&since=-1

#3 Guest_ageka_*

Guest_ageka_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2004 - 10:35 AM

The seller had a very good score before he sold 5 monsterboxes = 3000 eagles And then somehow started not sending the coins but started sending promises

#4 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 10:57 AM

just curious, is the avatar you have is Sarah Brightman, the Diva singer? TIA, SBC.

#5 Hawk

Hawk

• Traders-Talk User
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 11:18 AM

Anyone on ebay with a feedback of 600-700 range that has 12 neutrals & negatives combined is not a good score...this guy had approx 6 neutrals & 6 negatives before the ones he just got in the last 30 days...this is a terrible score...I've bought and sold on ebay for years and learned the hard way to only do business with sellers that have a near spotless file when buying expensive items...jmo...fwiw...rule of thumb, don't do biz with anyone on ebay with less than a 99.7% score...again, jmo...I see bidders all the time buying from sellers with feedback files in the 88-95% range...never understood that...good luck, I do hope you resolve the situation.

#6 Guest_ageka_*

Guest_ageka_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2004 - 12:58 PM

just curious, is the avatar you have is Sarah Brightman, the Diva singer?
TIA, SBC.

Your guess is better then mine
The avs are for free but no names

http://www.monmouth..../female_avs.htm

#7 Guest_ageka_*

Guest_ageka_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2004 - 01:08 PM

Anyone on ebay with a feedback of 600-700 range that has 12 neutrals & negatives combined is not a good score...this guy had approx 6 neutrals & 6 negatives before the ones he just got in the last 30 days...this is a terrible score...I've bought and sold on ebay for years and learned the hard way to only do business with sellers that have a near spotless file when buying expensive items...jmo...fwiw...rule of thumb, don't do biz with anyone on ebay with less than a 99.7% score...again, jmo...I see bidders all the time buying from sellers with feedback files in the 88-95% range...never understood that...good luck, I do hope you resolve the situation.

I am an ISO 9001 quality auditor
Some big name companies do not have a 99.7% score in the real world outside ebay
More intresting to see is how complaints are accepted- rejected and handled in general
I analysed the complaints against this guy : he was just sloppy and very slow
Now I know better
The few people that gave HIM a negative got immidiately a very viscious negative back
My cut off is 99% with reasonable replies to the negatives because often you get defrauded and you get a negative back to spite you

#8 Hawk

Hawk

• Traders-Talk User
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 04:34 PM

I should have qualified the 99.7%...I have purchased from many sellers on ebay that had lower scores with no problem... but only after checking the nature of any complaints to get a feel for the seller's integrity...considering this guy had almost 700 feedbacks with just a few complaints, I probably would have bot from him myself...good luck with ebay, my experience has shown they don't seem to be interested in cleaning up the fraud...I keep hoping they will someday recognize what a serious problem it is and the obvious affects it has on the long term outlook for their business.

#9 Guest_ageka_*

Guest_ageka_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2004 - 01:15 PM

In the meantime the thieving seller has been barred from ebay and will have to restart under another name Another duped person has joined our group and the seller is refunding the most troublesome buyers one by one to find out what he can get away with I filed for postal fraud and got a letter from US postal that he now is in the national fraud computer and that they will investigate him

#10 Guest_ageka_*

Guest_ageka_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2004 - 05:01 AM

Two more people defrauded by Gaspari joined us today ( another 1500 dollar worth ) Apparantly Google is now picking up the key words Gaspari E-temptations Eleni gifts