the present market climate

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:38 PM

just came back from dinner! i have written rather extensively over the last several years. i enjoy it. my hope is that my words fall on ears that are open and willing to do their homework. w/the failure of mf global, the game may be changing. i am still waiting to see what happens. will the holders of segregated accounts @mf be made whole. or will the crooks go scott free w/their funds. its a unique precedent and perhaps a turning point in history. if they can get into a segregated account abscond the funds w/no retribution. then its a giant wake up call. (puplava had anne barnhardt on, worth the listen) i dont know when the next up move takes place, but when it does it will be a large awakening and a big move. and some on the board sit huddled in a corner in fetal position not knowing what to do. and yet the fiats they hold are being reproduced @an accelerating rate. knowledge is power. its time to clear ones head and read. do your homework. study. your adversaries in the market are experienced and knowledgeable. as the volatility increases the uneducated and uninformed become appetizers. in the depression of the30s there were lots and lots and lots of poor people, if you have assets now, then you need to study so you feel confident to know what to do. otherwise you will be an appetizer. jesse -reminiscences of a stock operator is a great place to start. read it over and over. i did. now i know jesse died broke it is said, sinclair would know for sure as his dad was jesse's partner. jesse suffered from various mental diseases, but few had his wisdom. history of money is another read. armstrong is a great historian. read what he writes. then when you have fundamental understanding. start building your elephant gun. these are unique times. be prepared! get out of the fetal position and study or wind up a mark! in my 31 years of doing this i have taught 2 people , one on this board some techniques. they were sincere in their studies. so i felt to help them w/their studies. they dont just give profits to you. its work when this over, those who have prospered will have earned each and every nickel. knowledge/experience= wisdom. it takes time , alot of time and alot of study. to become a doctor eg, takes years of study. have some cash and you can step in and trade. how long the money lasts is the story. folks , as the years go by, we get closer and closer to the point of recognition. and then the parabolic. in 80 when the parabolic occurred . russia when into afghanistan. the shah of iran was toppled. inflation was 15% reported. alot going on all fronts. folks w/followings and tools got snaked out in the 400s just before blast off. of course it will happen again. the only one you can follow is your own gut, study know something and you will not be lunch. and you can earn some money. getting personal mail, from folks who have been here for years, inspired me to write all of this dharma be prepeared its not going to be a cake walk.

#2 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:00 AM

just came back from dinner!
i have written rather extensively over the last several years. i enjoy it. my hope is that my words fall on ears that are open and willing to do their homework. w/the failure of mf global, the game may be changing. i am still waiting to see what happens. will the holders of segregated accounts @mf be made whole. or will the crooks go scott free w/their funds. its a unique precedent and perhaps a turning point in history. if they can get into a segregated account abscond the funds w/no retribution. then its a giant wake up call. (puplava had anne barnhardt on, worth the listen)
i dont know when the next up move takes place, but when it does it will be a large awakening and a big move. and some on the board sit huddled in a corner in fetal position not knowing what to do. and yet the fiats they hold are being reproduced @an accelerating rate. knowledge is power. its time to clear ones head and read. do your homework. study. your adversaries in the market are experienced and knowledgeable. as the volatility increases the uneducated and uninformed become appetizers. in the depression of the30s there were lots and lots and lots of poor people, if you have assets now, then you need to study so you feel confident to know what to do. otherwise you will be an appetizer.
jesse -reminiscences of a stock operator is a great place to start. read it over and over. i did. now i know jesse died broke it is said, sinclair would know for sure as his dad was jesse's partner. jesse suffered from various mental diseases, but few had his wisdom.
history of money is another read. armstrong is a great historian. read what he writes.
then when you have fundamental understanding. start building your elephant gun.
these are unique times. be prepared! get out of the fetal position and study or wind up a mark!
in my 31 years of doing this i have taught 2 people , one on this board some techniques. they were sincere in their studies. so i felt to help them w/their studies. they dont just give profits to you. its work when this over, those who have prospered will have earned each and every nickel. knowledge/experience= wisdom. it takes time , alot of time and alot of study. to become a doctor eg, takes years of study. have some cash and you can step in and trade. how long the money lasts is the story. folks , as the years go by, we get closer and closer to the point of recognition. and then the parabolic.
in 80 when the parabolic occurred . russia when into afghanistan. the shah of iran was toppled. inflation was 15% reported. alot going on all fronts. folks w/followings and tools got snaked out in the 400s just before blast off. of course it will happen again. the only one you can follow is your own gut, study know something and you will not be lunch. and you can earn some money.
getting personal mail, from folks who have been here for years, inspired me to write all of this
dharma
be prepeared its not going to be a cake walk.

Completely agree, Dharma! Thanks for your thoughts.
TM

#3 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:39 PM

just came back from dinner!
i have written rather extensively over the last several years. i enjoy it. my hope is that my words fall on ears that are open and willing to do their homework. w/the failure of mf global, the game may be changing. i am still waiting to see what happens. will the holders of segregated accounts @mf be made whole. or will the crooks go scott free w/their funds. its a unique precedent and perhaps a turning point in history. if they can get into a segregated account abscond the funds w/no retribution. then its a giant wake up call. (puplava had anne barnhardt on, worth the listen)
i dont know when the next up move takes place, but when it does it will be a large awakening and a big move. and some on the board sit huddled in a corner in fetal position not knowing what to do. and yet the fiats they hold are being reproduced @an accelerating rate. knowledge is power. its time to clear ones head and read. do your homework. study. your adversaries in the market are experienced and knowledgeable. as the volatility increases the uneducated and uninformed become appetizers. in the depression of the30s there were lots and lots and lots of poor people, if you have assets now, then you need to study so you feel confident to know what to do. otherwise you will be an appetizer.
jesse -reminiscences of a stock operator is a great place to start. read it over and over. i did. now i know jesse died broke it is said, sinclair would know for sure as his dad was jesse's partner. jesse suffered from various mental diseases, but few had his wisdom.
history of money is another read. armstrong is a great historian. read what he writes.
then when you have fundamental understanding. start building your elephant gun.
these are unique times. be prepared! get out of the fetal position and study or wind up a mark!
in my 31 years of doing this i have taught 2 people , one on this board some techniques. they were sincere in their studies. so i felt to help them w/their studies. they dont just give profits to you. its work when this over, those who have prospered will have earned each and every nickel. knowledge/experience= wisdom. it takes time , alot of time and alot of study. to become a doctor eg, takes years of study. have some cash and you can step in and trade. how long the money lasts is the story. folks , as the years go by, we get closer and closer to the point of recognition. and then the parabolic.
in 80 when the parabolic occurred . russia when into afghanistan. the shah of iran was toppled. inflation was 15% reported. alot going on all fronts. folks w/followings and tools got snaked out in the 400s just before blast off. of course it will happen again. the only one you can follow is your own gut, study know something and you will not be lunch. and you can earn some money.
getting personal mail, from folks who have been here for years, inspired me to write all of this
dharma
be prepeared its not going to be a cake walk.

dharma:

Thanks for all your thoughts and especially for sharing your experience on the "big picture" view.

This Credit(Debt) Bubble has been building for over 40 years - In the beginnings it was hard for the Keynesian's to gain traction, but with each new crisis and response, they gained consensus. However, by not allowing the natural "clearing mechanism" of failure (which is the ultimate strength of Capitalism - think Walt Disney's story), each successive response required more and more "firepower".

It is what usually happens with "sound fundamental concepts and reasonings" they are often mis-applied and their intended purpose is changed to suit those "in charge" - I believe most honestly think they are taking the most prudent actions available - hey it worked last time ..and the time before..etc. They will succeed "at all costs", but this time the costs will be unmanagable, IMHO.

Wikipedia Keynesian

stubaby

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."

#4 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:50 PM

from Merriman's weekly comment:

Gold and Silver also showed renewed signs of life. After falling to a low of 1667 on November 21, Gold rallied smartly to 1767 on Friday, December 2. Silver also performed in a manner fitting to Sagittarius, rising from a low of 3065 to 3374 during the same interval. Although these are all positive signs, they are still below their lows of the first half of this primary cycle (1804 in Gold, 3570 in Silver). When they get above those levels, it reaffirms the bull market and then its “off to the races,” which is one of Sagittarius’ favorite pastimes, for the symbol of Sagittarius is the centaur, half-man, half-horse. Until then, it is only half-man.

stubaby

mma comments 12-5

#5 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:37 PM

losing sight of the big picture means some minor technical factor has occurred and to save your butt, you jettison your position. we are in a period , unique where its a matter of survival. and primary in that mode is governments. they are trying to survive. so they will say what they need to say and then do what they need to do to survive. the debt is not going to go away. the piper will be paid. dont listen, watch what they do.

kyle bass is quite astute, this is lengthy but well worth the watch
dharma

#6 gismeu

gismeu

• Traders-Talk User
  • 908 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:51 PM

Hi, anybody know/heard/read a good reason why PMs are down today \ with the market up so much? Thanks, gis
If you can't buy Happiness, STEAL IT!

#7 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:22 AM

Hi,

anybody know/heard/read a good reason why PMs are down today \
with the market up so much?

Thanks, gis

Technically speaking, final e-wave drop within the triangle consolidation formation. Drop should end in a couple of hours/days (I think today). Dharma has a low 12/8+/- and we are nearly there. Other cycles are also bottoming.
Fundamentally, more sellers than buyers, and the reason why so, might be explained by listening to any Financial news network but with the volume switch turned off. Just maybe some people were front running the "S&P Puts 15 Eurozone Countries on Credit Watch" news. This is bulish "breaking news" in my ears but not in the determined sellers ears who proclaim the Euro's demise for a long time now. Why is it not already trading near parity to the US$ with all this prolonged bad mouthing, is beyond my immagination. All I can say is that in the latest CFTC report, the Commercials were holding a huge Euro long position and the other two groups were holding the opposite.
Apologies if not of great help with respect to your enquiry.

News is toxic in my body,
tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#8 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:52 AM

stubaby: Any "lock in" formation as of today? dharma: Thank you for your "big picture" thoughts. Looks like 12/8+/- for a low? tradermama: Thank you for Dorse'ys pnf info. Will start buying trading position in silver as well from today and up to Friday on weakness. Mr T, sees a very short-lived, but sharp S&P correction and then up till near end Dec. Has a Gold cycle bottoming sometime Dec-Jan. I believe in good up-move by early/mid Jan, at the latest. tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#9 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:23 AM

stubaby:
Any "lock in" formation as of today?

dharma:
Thank you for your "big picture" thoughts.
Looks like 12/8+/- for a low?

tradermama:
Thank you for Dorse'ys pnf info.
Will start buying trading position in silver as well from today and up to Friday on weakness.
Mr T, sees a very short-lived, but sharp S&P correction and then up till near end Dec.
Has a Gold cycle bottoming sometime Dec-Jan. I believe in good up-move by early/mid Jan, at the latest.

tria

Thanks Tria..and I do agree with Mr. T...we are only .25% away from the NYSE BULLISH PERCENT reversing back to X..as of yesterday..so any decent upside if it starts up today..could trigger that..and I agree about a good move up coming..which I think will start next week..

Downside?...my gut guess on the spx holding 1220..now, my only concern about silver is the chart..a lot of distribution going on there..and it still look like more downside..but as we know silver is the most manipulated metal out there...if silver hits 30.83..then that's a daily sars sell..which could be the washout too..also our cycle turns for merriman is plus/minus 3 days..that could take it to a turn on the 12th too..which would still go in line with the full moon effect..full moon is saturday..plus/minus 1 day..normally we reverse from the direction..we are going into...so right now metals are falling..and yes, good time to accumulate but I get a feeling first of some kind of shakeout..before the turn..I'll let you know tomorrow if the nyse bullish percent goes back to X...then that would mean offense is back on the field and buy the dip..for the overall market..metals should go with the market if that happens imo..
TM
P.S..that $Rut pnf buy signal ended up being a triple top ..which is a very reliable pattern..80%...and again, signifies liquidity ...I mentioned that the other day when it got the signal for a buy but wasn't sure if I commented on the pattern...anyone short the Rut better be careful..imo even though everything is due for a pullback

#10 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:17 AM

stubaby:
Any "lock in" formation as of today?

in good up-move by early/mid Jan, at the latest.

tria

tria:

Nothing yet - key levels now are:
upside 1,767 1,805 1,830
downside 1,667 1,604 1,535

Primary Count
http://stockcharts.c...46063&r=661.png

Alternative Count
http://stockcharts.c...34162&r=114.png

Complex Corrective
http://stockcharts.c...23536&r=591.png

stubaby